Steves Birthday

"Not my birthday"

"Not my birthday"

Tony is sitting on the couch in the living room of the Avengers' floor. He is with Natasha, Thor, Bruce, and Rhodey.

They are all watching a movie, trying to warm up after a mission. It was the middle of December in New York, so it was pretty cold out. All of the sudden they hear yelling.

"What!" Comes Clint's voice from down the hall. "I've known you for years and you never told me!"

"Stop yelling!" Steve's voice is just as loud. "It's not a big deal! I didn't tell you guys because I didn't want you to make fun of me!"

"What are they arguing about now?" Natasha asks rolling her eyes.

"Probably something dumb," Bruce says.

"Yes!" Thor agrees. "I'm sure it is nothing! Let us continue the movie! I want to see what happens with the little doggies next!"

"Sure," Tony is about to tell Friday to start the movie, but Clint runs in.

"Did any of you know?!" He asks looking at everyone.

"What?"

"I am a God! I know many things!"

"Probably not."

"I'm going to go with no."

"I'm a genius. I know everything."

Clint looks at Tony, "so you know that today is Steve's birthday, not The 4th of July."

"Yeah," Tony responses. "I actually did know that."

Steve and Bucky walk in.

Bucky is still holding the thing that started the whole thing, a birthday card.

"Guys!" Steve says. "It's not a big deal, I didn't want you all to know." Then he looks at Tony. "There is no way you knew. The only person still alive they knows is Bucky."

"My dad told me."

"Howard?"

"Yeah, he always said that you were the best thing that he ever made. He made us celebrate your birthday every year, twice a year. Today and July 4th."

"I'm sure he just meant that I was the best thing he made after you, or like not including you."

"No, he once told me that I could never make anything as good as Captain America. Also, he was at every single one of your birthday parties. I remember him at like, three of mine. Anyway, we're watching 'Air Bud'. Thor picked it, if you three want to join us."

Everyone dropped the subject of Steve's birthday and sat down to watch the movie.

________________________________