Chapter 3

NATALIA'S POV

"Aaargh!" daing ko at napahawak sa ulo dahil sa sakit. Sh*t! I shouldn't have drink that whole bottle. Miya gave me a glass of water and drank it. Good thing I came back to my room safely even if I don't know exactly how I got here. Ang naalala ko lang ang pag upo ko dun malapit sa puno and I can't remember the rest after that. Aishh! Kailangan kong magpahinga ngayon lalo na't bukas ang alis ko papuntang temple. 

"Miya, are the guest leaving?" I ask. She nod while fixing my bed. I sigh and stood up. I need a bath. I smell awful because of the alcohol.  

"Grab me a towel and robe, Miya. Maliligo ako" sabi ko at naglakad patungo sa banyo. Napahinto ako sa paglakad ng may kumatok. Binaba ni Miya ang tuwalya at roba sa upuan at binuksan ang pintuan. 

"Greetings, My lady" the butler greeted and bowed. 

"State your business" I said. 

"The Duke wants to see you in his office, My lady. It's an urgent matter" 

"I'll be there in 20 minutes" I said and he bowed. Dumeretso ako sa banyo at sisimulang hubarin ang suot ko ng magsalita si Miya.

"Natalia..." I look at her and raise my eyebrows. Uniwas siya ng tingin at agad binalik ang tingin sa'kin.

She smiled and shook her head, "Wala. Maligo ka na, baka mapagalitan ka pa ng Duke" sabi niya at ikinawit ang roba at tuwalya sa towel rack. Weird...

The butler opened the door when he saw us. I entered the office and saw Dad on his sitting and writing something while mom is sitting on the sofa.

"Good afternoon" I said. 

"Levine, come sit beside your mother" sabi ni Papa. Tumabi ako kay Mama at umupo si Papa sa kabila hawak-hawak ang isang envelope. I stared on the wax seal sticking on the paper. That seal... The Imperial palace's seal. Why am I here? May ipapagawa ba ang pamilya samin?

"This letter is for you, Levine. The Imperial family gave you an assignment" sabi ni Papa na ikinataka ko. 

"All of us are aware that you're one of the young amazing healers in Zemira. And the Emperor wants to look for someone who is fit to look out for the Empress. The temple chose you to take care of the Empress, Levine" my jaw drop. Is he serious right now?

"We can't do anything in this situation Levine, since its His Majesty's order" Papa said and look at Mama. 

"We know this is a dangerous mission for you because if there's something bad might happen to the Empress, it may took all the blame to you, anak" alalang sabi ni Mama. She's right, ako ang mababatuhan ng mga aksidente kapag may mangyari sa kanya ni hindi ko naman kasalanan. But I have to this for my family. I don't want disappoint Papa ng dahil sa duwag ako.

"And what if the Empress will hurt you? I'm worried---" I immediately stop her.

"Ma, it's okay. This command came from the emperor and we can't do anything about it but to follow his majesty's command, and I assure you that the Empress is a good person. Sa lahat ng sakripsiyo na nilaan niya sa Zemira magdududa ka pa?" sabi ko. I'm sure the Empress is a good person.

Nilingon ko si Papa, "I understand. Kailan alis ko?" tanong ko.

"Ngayong hapon, dadating ang carriage kaya maghanda ka na" he said. Malas nga naman oh! Pupunta ako ng palasyo na may hangover pa.

"Don't worry, your Mom and I will visit you in the palace" sabi niya na ikinangiti ko.

"Now go on and pack your things. You only have an hour and half" I quickly leave the office and head to my room.