Chapter 5

I'm sorry for the so late update. Naging busy si Lady Author. I hope you'll like the new update!

NATALIA'S POV

"Cayden! don't say something like that" the empress said in a warning tone.

"I'm just kidding, Mom" the prince replied and sat on the bed. Kidding? From the way he said those words, he looks serious about it. Did he just suspect me to poison the Empress? Well I know how to make a poison, but I'm using it for good!

"Apologize to her, Cayden" the Empress said. He turn his eyes on me and let out a smirk.

"It's okay, Your Majesty. His highness doesn't mean it. There's no need for an apology" sabi ko at pilit na ngumiti. Of course he mean it! Tsk! kung pwede lang siyang sakalin ngayon, ginawa ko na.

"Please don't take it seriously, Lady Natalia" the man said beside the prince's knight. I guess his name was Zachary. He specializes in magic and work as a mage in the palace. I look at the other man. Lord Zayyan, the next duke of Therondia. Why is he even here? He must be at their mansion and do things just like Rowan. 

I nod at her and smile. Lady Zara is so beautiful... I would never wonder why she had a pretty face coming from her mother who is a former princess of the Winter Kingdom. She may have the appearance just like the Duke, but the feature of her face is just like the Duchess.

"Did Caleb came here?" the prince ask. 

The Empress nod, "He visit to check up on me" she said and smiled. I can really see the sincerity and care for the Empress.

"Then, I'll take my leave now. I still have some matters with Father" he said and stood up. 

"Take care" the Empress said and turn her head to the triplets, "Thank you for visiting" the gladly said.

"We also care for your health, Tita! We'll pray for your recovery" Lord Zayyan said and the two nooded. They even call the Empress "tita". 

"We'll be going now" the prince said and the three walk out of the room. Papalakad na ang prinsepe palabas ng bigla itong huminto. Nilingon siya sa'kin na ikinataka ko. Ilang sigundo ay pinutol niya agad at lumabas sa silid. Did he just stare at me in a split of second? 

"Pasensyahan mo na ang anak ko, Natalia. Namana sa Ama eh" paumanhin niya. Agad akong umiling.

"Nagbibiro lang naman po siya eh haha" tawang sabi ko. Napalingon ako sa pintuan ng may kumatok at agad rin itong bumukas. 

"Eleena" a brown-haired woman said with a smile on her face.

"Anne!" galak na sabi ng Empress. The woman walk towards the Empress and gave her an embrace. I'm still amazed the way they talk to the Empress, in informal way. We, aristocrats talk to the Imperial family in formal way, and I'm shock seeing them having a conversation with Her Majesty in that way of talking.

"Natalia, meet Anne Belmont. She's my personal made from the beginning I step foot in the palace" she said. 

"Greetings, Lady Anne" I greeted. The woman chuckled.

"Oh, no need for the formal calling. I should be the one who shall greet you Lady Natalia, since you came from a noble family" she said with a smile. I quickly grab a chair and carry it. I put it down beside the Empress bed. 

"Oh my! thank you, Lady Natalia" Lady Anne said.

"You're welcome, Lady Anne" I said. 

"Natalia, you can have a break. Since Anne is here, you can stroll the palace or take a rest." Her Majesty said.