Chapter 13

NATALIA'S POV

We're on the bow of the ship. Napagisipan kong pumunta dito para makita ang harapan ng barko. 

"Ang raming tao dito" he said while looking at the other passengers.

"Syempre dito ang pinakamagandang view ng barko. And besides they won't know you because of your illusion" sabi ko. Tsk! if only I have a royal blood, I can do illusion too. 

"Ma! Ma! Look! its the Sifar!" nilingon ko ang bata na malapit sa rail ng barko na may tinuturo. I walk closer to the railings of the ship. I can see the island where the child is pointing to.

"The Sifar..." sabi ni dakol sa likuran ko. The Sifar is known for its strong military knights. Their never ending war with the neighboring country to make their continent more massive and powerful. They were born without any powers, so they are just normal humans. The Sifar and other 3 continents: Burgeon, Dern, and Papillion never tried to attack the continent of Zemira because they know from the beginning that they won't stand a chance from us. I heard the Sifar people call us the favorite child of God due to our powers. 

Nang dahil sa walang tigil na gyera ay unti-unting bumabagsak ang ang ekonomiya nila. Their Emperor steal from the poor and make them slaves to serve their country. Ayon sa guro namin sa Nethilor, makikita mo ang mga patay na katawan sa gilid na parang basura lang. Namamatay sila dahil sa gutom at sakit. If this would still continue, their country will collapse. 

"I heard they attack the other part of Burgeon" his highness said while looking to the island.

"Do you think the war will end?" tanong ko.

"Their Emperor wants more, parang malabo mangyari yan," He's right. Their Emperor is greedy for power. 

"I heard they had a strong group of knights and they are the reason why they always win the war" dugtong niya. It must be tough being a knight in Sifar. The previous war in Zemira happened years ago. Grabe yung pinsala sabi ni Papa.  Maybe the reason why they are afraid to attack the Zemira is because the Emperor,  even the Empress are not afraid to face them.

"Maybe the war will end if their Emperor is dead" sabi niya at naglakad papalayo. Umupo siya sa mga magkatabing upuan na may payong. Umupo ako sa katabing upuan niya at napasandal.

"It's already sunset" sabi ko habang nakatingin sa palubog na araw.

"The Emperor of Zemira symbolizes the Sun, and the Empress symbolizes the Moon" tinignan niya ako.

"Does it mean your Future Empress also must symbolize the Moon?" I ask. 

"The sun protects you in broad daylight. You can see the paths you take. It indicates the light of hope. We, the imperial family believes that an emperor is like a father. The Emperor will guide his subjects in clear paths, protect, and take good care of them. The Empress who symbolizes the moon, who protects the Emperor. All of us have weaknesses even the Emperor himself. The Empress gives him light and protect him in his darkness, so that the Emperor can continue protecting his subjects" he said while looking at the sunset.

"My answer is yes. The Future Empress must symbolize just like the moon" dugtong niya at tinignan ako.

"Then, take good care of us in the future, Your highness" I said. I hope this prince won't flop. Nothing really beats a emperor who is good to his subjects.

"I'll try my best" he said and stood up. 

"We should go back to the chamber. It's getting dark out here--"