┊XXIII┊Sleep, Peril┊

"You okay now?" Error softly asked Peril as they then sat down on the beds again. Peril then sighing softly and nodding. "Yeah, I think so..." Peril muttered, glancing down at his and Error's hands, which was still linked together. Peril found that comforting. "Alright... What happened there...?" Error worriedly asked. "Don't tell me if you're not comfortable though." Error quickly added and Peril shakily sighed. "It's just... A bad memory turned to a Night terror... His Moon highness isn't anywhere near me so I'm more prone to those kinda things." Peril frowned and Error slowly nodded, rubbing his thumb over Peril's hand as comfort.

"I see... Do you think you can sleep again?" "No not really... But I kinda need to." Peril lets go of Error's hand to rub his eyesockets a bit, Error then slowly nodding. "Is there anything in particulare that would help you sleep or...?" "I don't know... Usually I just end up tossing and turning whenever I try to sleep. I tried other methods but I haven't found one that would really help." Peril shrugged a bit and Error slowly nodded. "I see..." Error mumbled while Peril then sighed and fully lets go of Error's hand. "I'll try to get some sleep anyways... You should too, you got a long day ahead tomorrow considering we'll be exploring the Sun Empire... Or at least going to places that should be interesting." Peril chuckled and Error slowly nods. "Alrighty." Error then moved and lied down as well, staring at the ceiling as he began to think about what could happen tomorrow.

Glancing to his side, he then saw Peril humming quietly to himself in an attempt to go to sleep. Error glanced at the bay window again before blinking a bit in thought. He doesn't know if he'll be able to pull it off though considering his phobia but... He's been able to touch Peril so far... But he doesn't know of it would act up, his glitches anyways.

Staring at the window for a bit more time and glancing at Peril, he then spoke up again. "Hey... Peril?" "Hm?" "Wanna try sleeping by the window?" To hell with it, he wants to help Peril sleep, and if it meant having to struggle to keep his phobia at bay, he won't mind it. "Huh?" Peril then glanced over at Error, who pointed at the bay window. "Why're you asking?" "Eh... Thought that maybe... Sleeping by it would help..." Error sheepishly said and Peril did the eyeroll motion, smirking a bit and getting off. "Sure, whatever you say." Peril then began to walk to the window before peeking through the curtains and glancing at the stars, just another regular night for them.

Error then got up and quickly walked besides Peril, who had then sat down on the comfy mattress besides it. "Would reading help?" Error asked. "If it's boring enough, sure." Peril chuckled softly and Error then giggled a bit. "I'll go look then." "Guess I'm gonna do some reading then." Peril muttered to himself, peeking through the curtains to see Error looking through the books, checking mostly the cover and then the description before grabbing something and then going back to Peril, giving him the book.

"The last Star huh?" Peril read the title and Error nodded, a small smile coming to his face. "You gonna read it?" "It'd be too fast if I read it." "Oh really?" "Yep." Error then watched as Peril then moved himself a bit so that he was now sitting up and then opening the book. Error then took a deep breath in, then out, before moving himself and lying down on Peril. Peril blinked in surprise when he felt weight on his lap, peeking under the book and seeing that Error was looking up at him expectantly. "Hi." Peril snickered softly and Error grinned up at him. "Hey." Peril then opened the book and began to read.

Error listened to Peril read, a small smile on his face seeing Peril relaxing more. Error then glanced back out at the pretty sky outside and closed his eyesockets a bit as he continued to listen. The sound of Peril speaking and the calm atmosphere surrounding them was pretty nice, Error liked it. Much better than the atmosphere from earlier with their fight.

"Oh, you fell asleep." Peril commented, glancing down at Error once he got to the middle part of the story, he then reached, hesitating for a bit before slowly rubbing a thumb on Error's skull and slowly smiling. "Sleep tight Error..." Peril muttered before leaning back and yawning, maybe he could sleep like this... He already yawned after all. Leaning back and closing his eyesockets, he find himself easily drifting off.

Error then blinked, glancing up at Peril after waiting for a bit and smiling carefully. "Sleep tight." Error softly muttered before going back to stargazing... Stargazing was the word right? Yeah, that's probably it. Honestly, he can do this all night and he won't even get tired of it. That's how amazing the view is.

Error lets himself relax as he adjusted himself so he's more comfortable lying on Peril's lap.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

And we're done :D

Yes I drew the picture up top, I couldn't resist in all honesty xD

But hey! Have Peril and Error bonding time even though they've only known each other for a day :)

Just a disclaimer but I won't be making Error, Peril's mother figure in anyway as that's not how I view their relationship for this story, sorry for the disappointment <3

̶I̶̶'̶̶m̶ ̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶u̶̶a̶̶l̶̶l̶̶y̶ ̶n̶̶o̶̶t̶ ̶b̶̶u̶̶t̶ ̶j̶̶u̶̶s̶̶t̶ ̶t̶̶h̶̶o̶̶u̶̶g̶̶h̶̶t̶ ̶I̶̶'̶̶d̶ ̶s̶̶a̶̶y̶ ̶s̶̶o̶̶r̶̶r̶̶y̶ ̶a̶̶n̶̶y̶̶w̶̶a̶̶y̶̶s̶ ̶:̶̶3̶

Hope y'all liked the story! Adios!