┊XXXVIII┊Rank Assignment┊

"Alright recruits, you all are failures." Silver deadpanned. "Not you, you held up against me, but the problem with you is different." Silver pointed st Error, who blinked in surprise. "And you, who managed to land a hit despite being a baby bitch in the first round." Silver spoke, even if it's just a graze, as soft as a poke, it was counted since Silver was touched. "Yes." The second recruit that Silver pointed at whispered softly to himself. "But that doesn't mean you are ready to train with me, recruit." Silver growled and the recruit blinked. "Wh- But sir-" "You failed the dodging test, that doesn't qualify you." Silver deadpanned, and the recruit cursed.

Peril just stared at the recruit for a bit longer, quite pissed. First that bitch said that Error won't be able to dodge all of Silver's moves, then when Error did the test where he has to fight back, that asshole teased Error for not landing any hits, and now from the looks of it, the recruit is trying to get near Silver?

He's quite pissed, but that's mostly because Silver's not even looking for a relationship right now! And it's not because he's feeling a very slight bit of jealousy, nope, nuh uh. Shut up readers.

"Now, leave. Tomorrow, all of you but the ones I mentioned will train with one of my chosen instructors." Silver crossed his arms. "The headquarters where you all be staying at is in the east wing, where all the employess of the castle resides. Unless you all have homes to go home to. Training starts tomorrow at 6 o'clock sharp. Be late and the instructors will throw you all like how I did." Silver spoke and the entire trainees saluted. Error looking at them all and then followed suite, despite looking awkward doing it. Silver couldn't help but find it amusing in all honesty.

"As you're leaving, the guard outside will be giving you all a bracelet that you all would need to wear before you enter the castle. It's to make sure that you all are the guards that was chosen to work here." Silver explained. "Well except for those who's gonna be living in the castle." Silver rolled his eyelights a bit. "Now, you two. Stand here. The rest of you all, fall into a line and get the fuck out." Silver pointed at the door, the rest quickly rushing away to leave, not wanting their Head General to be angry.

"Is there something you need sir?" The second recruit asked, removing untying the bun and then removing the headband, oh, they were a girl. "You're gonna be training with my fourth best guard, she'll teach you how to dodge better." Silver spoke and the recruit's shoulders slacked at that info. "Oh... Alright sir!" The recruit saluted and Silver nodded. "And you, you're training with me." Silver pointed at Error, ignoring the shocked gasp from the female recruit. "What?!" "Huh?" Error tilted his skull in confusion.

"Honestly recruit, you've exceeded my expectations... But then again, I've already expected that you're gonna be above the other recruits based on what Peril has told me." Silver spoke and Peril just moved and stood besides Error. "During your resting, I asked Silver to train you personally. Especially since we also have to take your haphephobia into account." Peril chirped and Error nodded. "I see... Thank you for thinking of my phobia sir..." Error sheepishly muttered and Silver just shook his skull. "Why does he get to train with you while I don't?" Error heard the other recruit mumble softly and Silver deadpanned. "Do you really wanna know?" "Yes sir!" The answer was immediate.

"It's also a request from His Highness himself." Silver spoke, raising a brow. "Got a problem with his highness' wishes?" "N-No!" Both Error and the recruit was quite surprised in all honesty. But mostly the recruit, Error was quite surprised that Emperor Nightmare himself wants him to have Silver as his trainer. "Oooh! That could mean that I don't have to visit you at the training grounds then!" Peril exclaimed happily, turning to Error and grinning widely. "That- That's true..." Error then gave Peril a smile back, Peril just whooping in excitement at that. "Anyways, off you go now." Silver made shooing motions at the female recruit, who grumbled lightly and walked off on annoyance. "Bet their name is either Karen or Karina." Peril huffed in annoyance and Silver just shrugged a bit. He snapped his fingers in front of Error to get his attention before motioning him to follow after. Error blinking in surprise but quickly doing so.

"Starting tomorrow, you're gonna be training with me now, Peril can show you where considering he has the castle memorized. 6 o'clock sharp, newbie. Don't be late." Silver then turned to Error. "Be lucky I can't throw you." Yeah, Error is definitely quite lucky... Then again, the throws doesn't look like it hurts much anyways but still. "I'll try not to..." "Don't worry Silvs! Since he's always awake before me, I have no doubt that he won't be late!" Peril chirped. "He better be." Silver grumbled before Error glanced at Silver. "Just... So I get this and actually not be late... How does time work?" Silver stopped in his spot and stared at Error, Peril also staring at the glitch in surprise. Surely Error wasn't serious, right? "... What?"

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Welp, I'm updating on either Sunday or Monday now, or maybe even Tuesday, I'll update on at least one those three days whenever I feel like it :')

This gives me time to focus on my work and other books lmao... Specifically MGN and maybe hopefully Errored Fate. Esmeray still has enough chapters for a weekly update so I have no problem there yet lmao.

Also! Question for the Day!

Who do you think is the ruler of the Third Empire? :)

But hope you guys enjoyed this! Apologies that I stopped on the daily updates <//3

Paalam!