One

God, I fucking love Rollies ice cream, Ryan Huff thought as he took a spoonful of his strawberry flavored rolled ice cream into his mouth. He paused for a moment, closed his eyes and savored the taste of it before gulping it all down in one go.

"Can you stop moaning?" His best friend Nora deadpanned, making him open his eyes to glare at her.

Ryan shook his head as he took another spoonful, not necessarily bothered by her words because well, the ice cream just tasted so good that he could not even consider not moaning. This was the reason why they come to Rollies every Sunday evening.

Rollies was a cute ice cream bar in the center of town, just a few blocks from the town hall. Since it's inception three years ago, Ryan and Nora had made it a weekly tradition to visit it. Not only did it help in satisfying the two best friends' cravings for ice cream, it also gave them a reason to hang out at least once a week outside of school.

Going to Rollies had become a strict part of their routine, so much so that when they met their other best friend, Ruxie, they couldn't help but invite them to join the ritual.

Ryan smiled to himself as he watched Nora try to take every last bit of the chocolate ice cream in her cup, putting it to her lips as she tilted her head back and smudging the corners of her lips. She was cute and precious and kinda funny, which was a trait he really liked in her.

She was also really pretty with curly black hair, light green eyes that sparkled with joy whenever she spoke, and full pink lips. Her pale skin was marred with freckles just below her eyes and over her cute button nose. She also stood at an average height of five feet and five inches, just three inches shorter than Ryan.

Ryan had known Nora Jacobs for about four years. They met in the last year of middle school when Ryan first moved into Redwood Valley. Since he left his friends behind and was new, the black haired girl kind of took him under her wing and introduced her to her friend group. However, after entering high school, they all parted as some of those friends moved to other high schools and others just made new friends.

Like the latter, Ryan and Nora met Ruxie in freshman year and the three friends had been inseparable since.

"When do you think Ru will get here?" Nora asked when she was done practically licking out all the contents of her cup.

Ryan shrugged as he checked his phone. "They said in about two minutes," he said as he looked up and smiled when his eyes landed on Ruxie who had just walked into the bar. "Oh there they are!" Ryan exclaimed as he waved them over.

Ruxie was taller than both Ryan and Nora at six feet, and they wore it with Pride, teasing them often about how short they were. They were dark skinned with pretty brown eyes and short curly hair that was dyed purple. Ruxie absolutely loved wearing jewelry so it was no shock to Ryan to see them wearing about three chains on their neck, all in different lengths, a couple of rings on both hands and a nice charm bracelet that he remembered they got from their vacation in Morocco last summer.

Ruxie was currently wearing a cropped orange tank top with a pair of light blue mom jeans and a pair of brown sneakers. They also had on their favorite Burberry jacket which Ryan absolutely loved.

"Hi!!" Ryan greeted when Ruxie neared their table.

"Yo," they smiled with a little wave and then sat down, looking at their friends empty bowls. "Y'all couldn't wait a little bit? The fuck?" The seventeen year old almost groaned making both Ryan and Nora chuckle sheepishly.

"Sorry," said Ryan, his face flushed. He knew that Ruxie had warned them to wait so they could all enjoy the rolled ice cream together but he simply could not resist. "Let me get yours, on me."