Three

Two weeks had passed since the day Ryan and his friends went to watch Drew's practice. And in those two weeks, Ryan had made it a point to make himself busy whenever Nora suggested for them to go watch Drew. He did so by busying himself with club activities and his studies, which were good choices but he didn't do them because he wanted to.

What Nora didn't know though was that when she and Ruxie were busy with their science experiments on Fridays after school, Ryan would sneak into the swim center to watch Drew from the bleachers. It made him feel like a thief in the night, hiding from his friends so he could satisfy his need to see Drew. But he didn't particularly hate it, especially not when Drew's eyes met his last Friday.

He was planning to do so again this last Friday of October when Nora and Ruxie rushed to his art class just when the bell rang to indicate closing time.

"We got out early today!" Nora announced, happy with the fact that she didn't have to do more work that afternoon.

Ryan looked up at them with raised brows as he packed his brushes into his pencil case. "Did you guys intentionally finish your work early just to watch Drew?" He rolled his eyes.

"Don't look at me," said Ruxie. "I'm just glad I get to see Alex earlier than expected," they said, smiling widely at the mention of their partner.

Ryan sighed and shook his head. "I'm going home early today so...," he trailed, already trying to come up with a lie so he didn't have to go.

It wasn't that he didn't want to watch Drew too. He just didn't feel like listening to his best friend gush over the boy again and again when his heart was hurting. He knew that Drew would never be his, and when Nora made a move, it would all be over.

Ryan hadn't even considered that Drew would reject his friend, and why would he? Nora was beautiful, Ryan had to admit. She was everything a man wanted in a partner. She was charming, caring, funny, quite thoughtful about others when she wanted to, and drop-dead gorgeous. If Drew found her attractive in the least bit, there was no way he would reject her and that scared him.

And Ryan hated feeling that way.

Nora didn't deserve that.

"Oh come on! There's so much eye candy," Nora pouted. "Lots of shirtless guys will be there and I think one of Drew's friends was watching you the last time we went," she said, trying to convince him.

Ryan shook his head, ready to stand his ground and avoid getting hurt again. Plus, with the way Nora was acting, he was absolutely sure that she was planning on setting him up with the person who was apparently watching him.

Ryan had no idea who it was because he didn't notice any other person at the swim meets other than Drew. But now that he thought about it, he did realize that if he paid attention to the other guys, he could very well be able to get over his crush and actually find a meaningful relationship.

What if Drew likes you though?

Ryan bit his lip. His subconscious couldn't be right this time, could it? There was simply no way that Drew liked him if he had been watching Nora all this time. Perhaps the brown eyed senior was just too scared to ask her out, just as she was shy to talk to him.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" Nora almost whined and Ryan lifted his gaze from her to Ruxie who just chuckled and gave him a look that said it was better for him to agree.

They were right because if Ryan refused a third time, there was definitely going to be incessant questioning from Nora and he didn't want that.

He sighed. "Okay fine, I'll come. I just have to go to the bathroom first," he told her and that was enough to satisfy her.