Twenty Seven

He needs my help? What the fuck does that even mean? Ryan was fuming as he stared at the tall dark boy. There were so many thoughts in his mind, so much he wanted to say, but none of the words Ryan wanted to say could form on his tongue as he stared flabbergasted at the audacity.

The fact that Drew could even think of coming to him even after being with Nora boggled Ryan's brain. What more could he do to help him? He already got Nora! The blond boy pursed his lips, annoyed and yet curious at what the tall boy actually wanted.

Could it be that he wanted to break it off with Nora? And as that particular thought came to Ryan's mind, he cursed himself for even thinking it. Hearing how happy Drew made Nora, Ryan knew how much it would break his friend if they broke up and he didn't want to be a part of that. It was also why he was finding it difficult to tell her the truth.

Still, his curious mind led him to lead Drew into his room despite him saying no initially. He didn't want his fathers finding out about whatever "help" Drew wanted from him.

"Okay... tell me. What do you need?" he asked once they were in his room.

"Uh... it's about Nora, which you probably guessed."

Ryan nodded. Of course, he wouldn't come to see me for me. Sighing inwardly, he gave the senior a tight-lipped smile as he sat on his bed and waited for the older boy to continue. Drew, taking Ryan's smile as an invitation to sit, sat right next to the blond boy on his bed, their thighs touching.

For a moment, Ryan thought he felt butterflies when Drew's thighs touched his. But that couldn't be right. No, it had to be a residual effect from when he still liked Drew, right? There was no way he still liked the senior, Ryan didn't think so. Why then did his heart skip a beat when he turned to face the tall boy? Why then did he draw in a sharp breath when their eyes met?

If Ryan could wish for only one thing at that moment, it would be to destroy all the memories he had of Drew. Reliving his first kiss, first hug, and first date with the senior who was currently sitting on his bed and looking at him as if Ryan meant something to him, broke him yet again. Just when he thought he had figured out his feelings, just when Ryan thought he could actually be over Drew, here he was silently begging for the older boy to hold him again and go back to what they used to be.

But he couldn't do that. He pulled himself back, scooting over to create space between him and Drew despite the latter never making a move toward him. It wasn't because he thought Drew would kiss him, but rather the fact that Ryan didn't trust himself to not give in in case the senior did try to kiss him.

"What's happening with Nora?" He asked, hoping to get it over with as quickly as possible.

Drew crossed his arms and breathed in. "I... I think I'm ready..."

"Ready for what?"

Drew raised a brow, not in question, but as if to say that Ryan should know what he meant. "Okay... I think I'm ready to tell her I love her."

"Oh... um... okay?" Ryan was taken aback. "What has that got to do with me?"

"There's a problem with that."

"What possibly could be wrong with you telling her you love her?" Other than the fact that you chose to tell me it instead? Ryan couldn't believe what he was hearing. He used to think Drew was the most intelligent person ever, but now he wasn't so sure. Did Drew really not know how Ryan felt about him or was he playing dumb? Was he doing this to hurt him?

"Well... there's someone that I also-"

"Actually," Ryan cut him off before the senior could continue. He stood up, putting as much distance between him and Drew because he didn't trust himself to not give way to the disappointment and anger that burned so deep in his veins. "I don't think I need to hear this, Drew." The blond boy's eyes stung so much and he had to bite his lip to keep himself from crying at that point. "This is between you and Nora and frankly, I think I've helped you enough. You can figure the rest out yourself."