13. The Joker Venom.

Tim arrived in the ballroom to see everyone fighting happily. Everything looked as if it was going well, until Tim noticed the bomb had less then a minute on it. He immediately ran over and got to work. He began pulling off panels and looking at the wires until Black Mask showed up.

"Well, if it isn't the little one." He smirked.

"What?" Red Robin asked.

"The little one. The one that always goes 'Tt'." Mask clarified.

"Seriously?" Tim sighed. "I don't have time for this. Red Hood, Orphan? I need a little assistance."

Jason and Cass ran over and took care of Black Mask.

"Guys?" Tim asked. "Am I really short enough to be mistaken as Damian?"

Neither Cass nor Jason said anything. Which was shocking considering Jason knew exactly the joke to make. But being compared to Damian? That's mean enough as it is.

"Come on!" Tim threw his hands in the air.

"Maybe talk about this after the bomb is defused!" Cass yelled.

Tim went back to work with only ten seconds left. He took a look at some more wires and grabbed something to cut it with.

3...

2...

1...

Nothing. Tim chose the right wire. The bomb didn't go off. Hurray!

The bomb wasn't where the fight stopped though.

Steve and Diana were fighting off some lackies. One of them was shooting Diana, which of course she could handle with her bracelets of submission. But having seven people all shooting at her? That's not exactly fair. Especially since she threw her shield at one of them and didn't get it back.

"Heads up!" Steve yelled as he threw her his shield.

She caught it and blocked the bullets. Then when she got close enough, she threw it at one guy and it bounced off the wall and hit the six that were left. The shield then bounced and came back to her. She was going to throw it back to Steve, but she saw someone trying to sneak up behind him and grabbed the man with her lasso and chucked him at the wall. She then threw the shield at the guy for good measure, which bounced right back to her.

"Such light weight." She said as she lifted the shield up and down.

"You have a magic rope?" Steve asked.

The villains weren't doing too good in the fight. They wouldn't surrender, but they would have to find a way to retreat. Joker knew just what to do. Batman had been trying to keep the Joker from releasing his laughing gas, but one slip up by the dark knight was all that it took.

"It's been fun, batsy! Let's do it again some other time, HAHAHAHA!" Joker laughed as he threw the laughing gas straight at Orphan.

Cassandra had her back turned, and by the time she turned around, it was too late for her to respond. She was doomed. At least, she would've been if Captain America hadn't jumped in front of her. The Joker juice hit him instead. Cass immediately started holding her breath and covered her mouth and nose as Steve immediately started laughing.

"Cap!" Tony yelled. "Bats, what's wrong with him?"

"Joker gas." Batman stated.

In the confusion of the moment, the villains threw down smoke grenades and made a run for it.

"They're getting away." Nightwing pointed out.

"We'll handle them later, right now we need to help Captain America." Batman explained.

Steve started laughing too hard. It became harder to breathe, it became harder to fight it. All he could do was just laugh and laugh and laugh.

"What do we do?" Clint asked.

"We need to get him back to your base." Batman ordered.

"Please tell me you have the antidote, Bruce?" Dick asked.

"I keep some on me at all times." Batman explained. Making everyone let out a sigh of relief.

"Then let's get him back to the compound." Sam stated.

They all left immediately, not even bothering to explain anything to the guests. They were all fine and no one was injured, so there really was no reason they needed to stay.

They got to the compound in record time. No one said anything the whole way back. Some took the quinjet, others flew and stayed on the com. No one said one thing. Not a single word. The only sound that could be heard was Steve laughing like a maniac until it got harder and harder for him to breathe.