28. Escape.

After over a week of Scarecrow's fear toxin, Peter, Bucky, and Jason were starting to grow more imune to it. Scarecrow would give them larger amounts, but afterwards, they would talk to each other (or Peter made them) and work together to overcome their fears.

The data Scarecrow was recieving now vs when he had first started 'working' with them, was significantly worse. The othesr grew tired of waiting on him to break them and started to take matters into their own hands.

While they were discussing what to do next, Joker had taken Jason out of the room for a friendly game of whack a piñata. Except for Joker was the whacker and Jason was the piñata.

After a couple rounds, Jason laid on the ground, bleeding. He was in horrible condition. Who wouldn't be after being beaten with a crowbar?

Joker finished up and went to the villain meeting, leaving a lackey to drag Jason back to the room. As soon as the lackey left, the three people left recognized his big mistake. He didn't chain Jason's wrists over his head. He just chained his wrists and left him on the ground. Meaning, if he could find something, Jason could pick the lock and free everyone.

"Jason? You alright?" Peter asked. Making sure Jason was ok before asking him to do anything else. I mean, obviously Jason wasn't okay, but he thought he'd ask anyway. He expected him to say he was fine either way.

"I'm fine." Jason replied. Peter felt like he should've made a bet with himself.

"You said you could pick a lock if you could reach your wrists. Do you see anything you could pick a lock with?" Peter continued.

Jason looked around until he saw a small piece of scrap metal. He didn't know if it would work, but it was worth a shot. He crawled over to where it was. Every inch hurt like fire, but he had to try. He wasn't gonna die to the Joker. Not again. He finally reached the scrap metal and tried to pick the lock. It took a little bit of time, but he was able to get one of his wrists uncuffed.

"Yes!" Peter exclaimed. Bucky was happy too, but didn't say anything at the risk of someone hearing. Peter didn't get the memo.

Jason then moved on to the other cuff. His body ached and hurt. He felt like collapsing and trying this again later. But with all the villains off together in one room, this was their only chance to escape. So he kept on. After some painstaking failures, he finally got the metal just right and the cuff came off. He then made his way over to Peter and uncuffed his wrists.

"Good job, Hood. Just relax, I'll get Bucky." Peter said. "And what the heck happened to you anyway?"

"Joker likes to play human piñata." Jason mumbled.

Jason collapsed onto the floor, desperately trying to stay awake.

Peter unchained Bucky and went to check the door. Locked.

"Alright. No powers so I can't just break the door down." Peter said, more of just thinking out loud. He looked around until he saw an air vent. "Bingo!"

"You really think you can fit in there?" Bucky asked.

"One of us could." Peter smirked, both him and Jason staring at Bucky.

"Seriously?" Bucky asked.

"Without your arm, you're the only one that could fit in there." Peter stated. "Do you want to get out of here?"

Bucky sighed. "Cup your hands."

Peter did and Bucky stepped up, took off the vent, and squeezed through.

Not too long later, the door to the room opened from the outside. Bucky stood there smiling.

"When we get out of here, I'm taking a three week vacation to whatever place where clowns, scarecrows, and freaks with weird heads or masks are illegal." Bucky said. He walked back in and helped Peter lift up Jason.

"I'll slow you down." Jason coughed.

"We're all getting out of here." Peter stated. "No matter what. It's all of us, or none of us."

They went outside of the room and found a bunch of hallways. They had no idea where they were or how far from New York city they were. If they were still in New York at all.

"Alright. Time to play which way." Peter said. "Left or right?"

"Left." Both Bucky and Jason said at the same time.

"Can't argue with that." Peter laughed.

As soon as they turned the corner, a guard spotted them.

"Hey!" He yelled and started chasing them.

"Right, right, right. GO RIGHT!" Peter yelled.

Peter and Bucky turned around, still carrying Jason by the shoulders, and they tried to outrun the guard. They didn't have to out run him long, they just had to get him alone in a secluded room. Which they did. The guard followed them to a room where Bucky hid behind the door and socked him in the jaw as hard as he could when the guard came in. He was knocked out immediately and fell to the floor. Peter dragged his body all the way into the room.

"I really hope no one goes in there." Peter laughed. "Alright. We gotta be careful. We can't risk too many people seeing us. We're not exactly in fighting condition at the moment."

"Define fighting condition. Because one of us definitely looks like he just came from a fight. Not that he won." Bucky joked.

"What do you think you'd look like if you were hung by your legs and beaten with a crowbar?!?!?!" Jason deadpanned.

"Guys! Focus. We need to work together to get out of here." Peter said. "We can't be fighting. We're a team."

"Whatever, golden boy." Jason scoffed.

"Huh?" Peter asked.

"Right, you're not Dick." Jason laughed. "Sometimes I forget that. Although you're equivalents so..."

"It doesn't matter. We're lucky no alarms are going off. We need to get out of here." Peter continued. He helped support Jason's right side and Bucky got his left.

They hopped out of the room and continued to look for an exit.