40. The Champion.

Three weeks. Three weeks had gone by since the battle of Queens. Three weeks of pain and torture. Although the last couple of days were spent preparing. Preparing for a new battle. Ally against ally. Friend against friend. A fight to see who was the best fighter. The one who would be sent to destroy the Avengers/Justice League/Batfamily. It wasn't just a fight to the victory though, it was a fight to the death. Only one would make it out alive. And the psychopaths doing this to them were making bets on who would win.

When the time finally came, Jason, Bucky, and Peter were all brought to a large room at the mental hospital. One that kind of resembled a cleared out cafeteria. It had a lot of open space though and was perfect for a fight.

Joker and Goblin decided to spectate the fight and give commentary. Everyone else was just watching with popcorn.

"Gentlemen! Welcome to the fight of a lifetime! Three former heroes fighting it out to see which one will take on their former friends and destroy all our problems." Joker announced. "Behind door number one, the little freak who is somehow part insect, apprentice to the Green Goblin and formerly known as Spider-man, it's Spider-Goblin!!!"
(Just roll with it. LOL)

Peter entered the room and looked around. He was the only one in the room. He could hear the Joker through the intercom, but had no idea where they were watching from. Probably from a camera hidden in there.

He had a new suit that was green and purple instead of blue and red. He still didn't have a mask, but his eyes were dark. He practically had black circles around them. He wanted to become the next Green Goblin. To let his dark side take over. And if all he had to do was kill a couple competitors to do so, then so be it. It would be easy now that Scarecrow had stopped drugging his powers.

"Behind door number two. The dead man walking with daddy issues. Sidekick to the Joker. He's the New Red Hood." Goblin announced.

Jason walked through the door. He saw Peter, but didn't engage yet. The fight hadn't begun. But he studied him. He knew Peter wasn't as withholding of his emotions, nor his weaknesses as he was. He figured he'd be an easy target. He fought heroes with powers before, it never mattered. He had been trained by the Batman and the All Caste. He would be just fine.
His suit now had the words 'HA HA' spray painted on the front and he had a new helmet. It looked like his regular one, but it had a big crazy smile painted onto it. And two crowbars in his hands. (Should I be concerned that when I type in crow, it automatically fills it in to crowbar?) 

"And behind door number three," Joker began. "A hundred year old with over eighty years of killing experience. He's controlled by Zemo, it's the return of the true Winter Soldier!"

Bucky came out in his original Winter Soldier uniform. Well, not the exact one. But a copy. With the mask, and even down to the original metal arm. He didn't look like he had any emotion on his face. He wasn't the person anymore. He was just the soldier. Which is exactly what Zemo wanted.

"Last chance to place your bets, gentlemen." Goblin smiled. "It's time for the fight to begin!"

After he said that, the three fighters knew it was go time, but none of them moved. They waited a second. Just waiting for something to happen. For someone to make the first move. Since no one did, they all just attacked at once.

After about eight minutes of nonstop fighting each other, Peter seemed to be the best looking contender. Now that his morals were gone and his crazy side was showing, he wasn't holding back with his powers. And no matter what Bucky and Jason did, they couldn't compete with his strength and spidey sense.

Peter had knocked Bucky down and had an easy chance to kill him, but that's when he stopped and looked at himself. Who was he? He was supposed to be a hero. Yet he was about to take an innocent person's life. Was Bucky attacking him? Yeah, but he was just as innocent in this as Peter. Peter knew Bucky wasn't in control of his mind at the moment. He was doing what Zemo told him to. And Peter was about to kill him. Willingly. Like a psychopath. Like the Green Goblin. He wasn't Goblin. He was Peter Parker. He was Spider-man.