14. Black Cat // Guren Ichinose { Seraph of the End } rEqEuStEd!!

"Guren!" You called pushing open the door with your foot, carrying a box in your hands as you walked into your shared home with your husband.

Closing the door, not hearing any call back from your husband. You pouted knowing damn well he was home from work, it was about that time. You frowned and walked into the living room, spotted Guren on the couch with a book in his hand.

Before Guren could notice, though you knew that he heard you but, just didn't respond. You placed the box on the table in the dining room. Guren perked up to the sound of the box, hitting the table with light thud.

"Welcome home, Y/n." He said closing to book in his hand.

"I thought you weren't home, hon." You replied back to him as you walked into your shared bedroom to change out of your work clothes and into something more comfortable.

Guren chuckled. "That's not true." Guren said.

You walked out into the living room rolling your eyes at him, walking into the kitchen. You knew by now that Guren has noticed the box you put on the dining room table he was totally going to ask questions about it.

"So, what's in the box, Y/n?" Guren asked you.

"Nothing, babe." You answered a little bit too quickly especially for Guren liking.

He squinted his eyes and raised an eyebrow at you, getting up from his spot on the couch and made his way over to the dining room table. Guren looked at the box, it looked worn and there were slight rips and holes in and on the box so it was not anything new.

Because he took inconsideration of your strange and unhealthy habits of online shopping but the box didn't seem to have come from a truck not in this condition, you would have complained by now. After looking over the box, he heard a slight rustle inside.

Guren frowned as he looked over at you, you had your eyes on him.

"Y/n."

"Guren."

"What it this?" Guren asked.

"Look inside and find out. I really have nothing to hide in all honesty." You said.

"Sure..." Your husband trailed at he opened up the box finding a black kitten with bright green eyes.

"Meow!" Guren was speechless.

"Sorry, Guren," You exclaimed rushing over to the table taking the kitten out the box and into your arms. "I couldn't leave him out there, you know how dangerous it is. I had to bring him here."

Guren sighed, putting a hand on your head, petting your hair softly. "Honestly, I know how you feel about forgotten animals and you get lonely when I'm working late so—."

"We can keep him!" You shouted.

Guren smiled a bit at your excitement. "Yes. We can keep him." He said.

"Yes," You pulled Guren by his shirt collar to give him kiss on the cheek. "Love you."

"Love you too. So, what's his name?" He asked.

You flinched at his question. 'He's not going to like it, but I think the name suits him.'

"Yusuke, but Yu for short." You mumbled out.

An irk mark showed itself on Guren's forehead, oh, he's mad. The nickname for the cat set him off.

"Why do you even still like that little brat?" Guren asked.

"Oh come on, Guren. Yu used to live with us when he was younger and he used to be so attached to you it was cute and..." You trailed. "It felt like a true family now I rarely see Yu nowadays but I know you see him from time to time, I miss those times." You said.

Guren wrapped his hands around your waist, hugging you from behind. Putting his chin on her head.

"Don't worry, Y/n. Sometime soon, we'll have a family. But for now, take care of the kitten, okay." Guren said.

"Okay. You better keep that promise, Guren." You said with smile.

"Don't worry, I will." Guren said give you a kiss.

~

A/n: sorry if Guren is a bit occ, I haven't watched this anime since middle school :/