4. Late Night Call // Kurapika { HunterXHunter }

It was about 2 a.m. when Y/n was woken up by her cellphone. Y/n moved around under the blanket over to her bedside table where her phone sat. Her eyes squinted as her phone illuminated her bedroom.

She picked up the phone not even looking at who was calling her so late. She then mumbled a small. "Hello."

"I...I didn't think you would pick up, Y/n." Y/n perked up at the familiar voice on the other side of the line.

"Kurapika!" She exclaimed. She heard him chuckling softly. "You usually don't call me," Y/n said.

"Oh, I see. Did you just want me to leave a message?" Kurapika asked.

"No!" Kurapika's eyes widened at Y/n's outburst and smiled softly. "I mean no," She sighed. "I always like hearing from you." Y/n smiled moving a few strings of hair behind her ear.

"The feeling is mutual, Y/n," Kurapika said.

"So, uh, why the call all of a sudden?" Y/n asked tugging at the ends of her t-shirt she was wearing.

Kurapika blushed in embarrassment, sighing a bit. "I just, um, wanted to hear your voice is all, Y/n." He said.

Y/n blushed a bit. "I mean, you do leave messages from time to time," Kurapika said. "And I like to listen to them."

"That's because you worry me, Kurapika," Y/n said. "And I...." She trailed off. Y/n has loved Kurapika since they first met. But, she never told him that.

"Y/n?" Kurapika asked trying to get the girl's attention.

Y/n perked up, getting out of her thoughts. "Oh sorry, Kurapika," She said. "I...I spaced out."

Kurapika laughed. Y/n blushed from embarrassment from the other side of the line. "What?!" She exclaimed. "What's so funny?" She asked.

"Nothing, nothing. It's just that.." Kurapika paused a smiled a bit.

"It's just what?" Y/n asked in curiosity.

"It's just that...you haven't changed in the slightest." He said as a pink tint spread across his cheeks.

Y/n frowned a bit on hearing that. "What are you trying to say? Are you making fun of me?" Y/n questioned.

Kurapika laughed. "No. Of course not. It's cute."

Y/n squeaked. "Eh?!"

Kurapika smirked. "You're a wonderful person, Y/n," He said. "Never forget that."

Y/n blushed a deep red. "Uh-huh, yeah..."

"Talk to you soon, Y/n," Kurapika said.

"Okay, yeah. Talk to you soon, bye, Kurapika." Y/n said.

"Bye," Kurapika said hanging up his phone, leaving Y/n speechless on the other side of the line as she closed her phone and put it back on her bedside table and sighed happily.