Salvation

Word count - 2338

Your pov! -

"Y/n wake up!"

"What's going on...?"

"There a fire- a bonfire! Someone came to save us!"

I quickly got up and put on my shoes. We all went down the slide and started running into the darkness. Brooklyn climbed into a tree to see if we were getting closer.

"I can see it! We're closer!"

We all cheered and started to run faster.

"Come on! We're so close!"

"Oh it's real!"

"We're going home!"

then Darius went into a tree as we took a small break from running.

"The bonfire. It's gone."

"What if they left?"

"They just got here.."

"What if the people who came to save is gave up and we missed our chance?"

We all looked down sadly, but of course another dinosaur had to ruin the moment.

"Ah!"

We got into a circle with our weapons ready to fight. All of our breaths were shaky, we had never been out in the dark with a dinosaur.

"C-could be a really big compy, right? Darius, didn't you say they were creepo skylarks?"

"I said they were crepuscular." The leaves rustled and we screamed a huge dinosaur popped out of nowhere. We all ran trying to get away from it. Kenji looked back and hit his head on a branch causing him to fall backwards. Everyone continued to run over him causing me to be the one to grab him. There was no where else to run.

"Okay, come on!" I lifted my bat up , I so badly wanted to close my eyes and cower. But before he could eat us a firework hit the dinosaur?

"Get down!" A strange voice pushed past us and motioned us behind the log which I happily obliged. The dinosaur retreated, leaving us coughing from the smoke and in shock from what just happened.

"Oh, thank goodness. You're okay." I looked up to see a beautiful woman and two men.

"You are okay, aren't you?"

"Who...who are you?"

"Well, after all that, maybe you should call us your salvation."

Now we were walking back to their camp. I was so happy to finally be able to go home.  I was going to miss bumpy and...Ben. But I know it's time to move on.

"We could not believe it when we saw your campfire."

"Did you get left behind, too?"

"Not looking like that, they didn't."

"Yeah. Are you, like, some super stylish rescue squad?"

"Guys, take a breath. We don't even know your names."

"I'm Mitch, and my better half here is Tiff. We're eco-tourists."

"That's a fancy way of saying we travel to exotic places and photograph rare animals."

"I know Simon masrani. Or knew."

"Kenji shut the fuck up."

We all laughed as Wyatt smacked kenji across the head.

"When we heard what happened here, we were, like, zoop!"

"Zoop! Gotta get down here. I was fine taking snaps of lions and tigers but-"