3 - The Effect Of Dating A Potter

As much as Sirius seemed like an idiot he wasn't, so everything had to be believable. Well thought and planned out, which is hard when your partner in crime is James Potter.

"Rules, right? Boundries, I love a good prank but nothing you're not comfortable with" Regulus looked up at James as he spoke, his words soon blurring out but he got the picture. His features really were quite handsome, he truly lived up to his gryffindor heart throb name. His eyes were soft and a pretty hazel colour, they crinkled at the edges when he smiled. His cheeks held a sort of redness to them that made him look like he was wearing blush, people normally think that redness on skin looks unattractive but it gave James a soft vibe that made you want to get closer to him. And his lips- "you're staring star-boy"

"Boundaries! Maybe we should make a list of rules?" James laughed as he stared down at Regulus. Moments like these is where Regulus really wishes he was taller.

"I was already saying that Regulus. Maybe if you did less ogling you would've heard me" Regulus coughed trying to get something out of his throat that wasn't there.

"I wasn't ogling I was simply zoned out!" Regulus scoffed at the man in front of him before conjuring a quill and parchment. "Now stop talking and let's start on the rules"

James took a seat next to Regulus staring at the empty page. "Okay, baseline how long is this prank going to last"

Regulus thought for a second turning to James who had an eyebrow raised. "I can't go home still fake dating you, my parents would kill me. So we gotta end it before Christmas, if we can piss off Sirius even sooner than we can end it earlier"

James simply nodded and stared at the words being written on the page in pristine aristocrat handwriting.

"Rule #2 no falling in love" James watched colour flood into Regulus' face as he spluttered for a response.

"You wish Potter" James and Regulus held a challenging eye contact before Regulus eventually resigned and wrote down James' rule. Even though it would never happen.

"Can I kiss you?" It seemed to be a constant cycle of Regulus turning pink and James' words. Turning to face him with wide eyes reaching for words to try to figure out what James had meant.

"Excuse me?!" James stared at Regulus before his eyes went wide and he pointed manically at the two rules written on the parchment.

"I meant like are you comfortable with it! Like what are you okay with" James had looked away from their attached stare his cheeks pink.

"I'm- I'm okay with it I've just never..." James' flustered mood had shifted as he put a finger to the smirk on his own lips.

"A virgin? You really want me to be your first kiss dear Reggie?" Regulus scoffed at James collecting his things and standing up James' gaze still on him.

"It wouldn't count anyways, you're a guy" James' eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he watched Regulus sigh. "Anything else? I'm meeting up with my friends soon" Regulus turned and started to walk away not even waiting for a response from James

"Uh- when do we start?" Regulus stopped himself his words being told from across his shoulder.

"Now, Jamie, tell the world! I'll see you in the great hall"

Regulus walked into the great hall giving a little wave to James, Sirius giving him a werid stare as he waved back looking around to find who he was waving at.

When Regulus sat down he was met with weird stares from his friends. Rolling his eyes he turned around to meet James' stare again, he winked before pointing to his friends.

"What are you doing?" Barty stared at Regulus unimpressed. Regulus' stare moving from him to Evan who had been stuck in a face of confusion since Regulus had first entered the great hall.

"I don't know what you mean darling" Barty rolled his eyes motioning to Regulus and the gryffindor table.

"I mean what are you doing with him, y'know arrogant Potter, prince along annoying gryffindors" Barty often spoke with many hand gestures to emphasize his words but now he was speaking with manic hand gestures that we're making the other slytherins around them stare.

"Oh him, yeah we started dating" Evan who had been uncharacteristically quiet had spit out his pumpkin juice causing people to look at him in annoyance. "Bloody hell Evan what was that for"

Evan turned red as he stared at Regulus before staring daggers into the gryffindor table.

"You're dating Potter?!" Barty whispered low enough for only Evan and Regulus to hear.

"Yeah? I've liked him for a while now" Evan scoffed pushing his plate away from him.

"You're fucking with us right?" Regulus stared at Evan with a blank face trying his best to make him believe it was true. If his friends didn't believe him then he didn't know how he was going to convince Sirius. "Fuck, Reg" Evan didn't say anything simply got up and walked out of the great hall.

"I'm going to go after him, if this is real, like actually real than I'm happy for you, but be careful okay? Don't want my Reginald getting hurt"

Regulus nodded watching as Barty got up and ran after Evan. He let out a sigh of relief, now he just needed James to do his part.

_________

"ITS THURSDAY ITS THURDAY ITS PRETTY LIES DAY"

- you (the reader) remembering it's your favorite day of the week