4 - The White And Black Sheep Of The Family

TW. THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A HOMOPHOBIC SLUR, AND A LIGHT PANIC ATTACK. READ WITH CAUTION

Sirius Black was 12 years old when he lost his brother. He had just gotten back from his first year of Hogwarts, he would've gone home at Christmas but he had a much better time at Hogwarts with his friends.

When he walked into the house he was met with cold stares and insults from portraits along the hallway to his room.

His parents never greeted him at the door and only sent Kreacher to pick him up.

But the worst part was that Regulus hadn't shown up either. And when Sirius made it to the two doors of the brothers he had decided to knock on Regulus' door. Somewhat hoping he had been sent to a family members house and couldn't come to greet him.

Sirius' heart stopped when the door opened just a crack, the sight of a boy too pale with too deep of eye bags.

"Go away Sirius" Sirius had gripped Regulus' arm in the hallway. People staring at the brothers, this being their first interaction since Sirius had ran away.

"I heard about you and James, if you think I'm going to let you use my friend to what? Get back at me? For running away, for saving myself. Then those people must've fucked with your head" Regulus' blood boiled. His hands shaking, his eyes wide as he stared at the audience they had gathered. Although Sirius had always been one for the dramatics. One fucking attention seeker he was.

"I said piss off, useless blood traitor" hurt flashed across Sirius' eyes before it quickly turned into something darker. His eyes narrowing as he laughed falsely turning to face their crowd.

1

"Awwww little Reggie, always the goddamn mama's boy. Mommy and Daddy already convinced you I'm a blood traitor? I wonder how long until you get the mark?" Regulus shaked at Sirius' sickly sweet tone his head turning down.

"Sirius, please" His eyes burned with held back tears. The crowd around them getting larger. Suffocating him with their whispers. He was losing oxygen, his head becoming light as he tried to remember what breathing normally felt like.

The numbers in his brain jumbling together as he tried to piece each word after another in his brain.

In out In out

2

"The whole family, fucking hypocrites. Although it might be hard to keep a bloodline pure with the heir being a fucking faggot"

3

"You don't know fuck about MY family" Regulus watched anger morph into hurt as Sirius backed away from him. His eyes darting around to the people surrounding them.

To James who sat there wide eyed as his eyes shot between Sirius and the seething Regulus, who had just recently remembered what oxygen felt like.

To Remus

Oh god, Remus

"Regulus!" James had finally broke from the crowd, shocking the people around then as he ran up to the boy, who had looked 10x smaller than he had before this argument.

"I don't- I don't want you to defend him. Please, just please don't defend him" Regulus had his head down, tears welling up but he didn't allow to show. Flinching as he felt James grap his hand.

"What kind of boyfriend would I be if I did that?" Regulus laughed, it sounded bitter, left over anger from his brother. But he had still smiled slightly. Pulling James with him to walk down the hall.

Leaving a large group of shellshocked students. And a pair of friends. One who had regretted everything he had said for the complete wrong reason.

"Where too star-boy?" James had stared at Regulus' soft hand gripping roughly on his hand, scarred from quidditch. The contrast between Regulus' perfect hand and his messed up one had given James a fuzzy feeling he hadn't felt since he met Lily.

"Butterflies" Remus had told him, "the fuzzy feeling you get when you are around someone you like"

James had always liked the analogy. He had always loved butterflies, peaceful and colourful. He has had crushes on people before of course. But he had only felt butterflies twice.

"Whose oogling now Jamie" Regulus stared up at James. His eyes wide and teasing.

Butterflies

Merlin James loves butterflies

___________

The shorter the chapter the more concentrated the pain.

Love you all see you next Thursday <3333