10 - Pitiful Snogging

Regulus and James left the great hall together, now left to walk silently down the hallway. Regulus never liked attempting to interrupt silence. But right now it was almost necessary. "Will you kiss me?" Regulus asked shocking James, they stood still watching each other, James looking at him as curiosity filled the shock in his eyes. While Regulus stared at him with flushed cheeks, embarrassment creeping into the courage he had built up to ask the question breaking it down until its a fine powder.

"Do you want to?" James grabbed at Regulus' pinkie, him flinching away from the touch to see James' pinched eyebrows. He was worried, worried if he'd be taking advantage of Regulus even though he was the one who asked.

"Well I wouldn't have fucking asked if I didn't want to, if you don't want to kiss me that's fine." Regulus' blank face that he used to intimidate many people replaced his flushed cheeks. 

James leaned into Regulus, listening to him gasp at the feeling of James' minty breath land on his face with close proximity. "Well alright then." And James closed the gap, Regulus took some time to react but when he did, Merlin it was like he was on fire. He felt every movement of James' lips, the way his hand slipped to the small of his back to push their hips closer together. Regulus made a muffled sound of surprise and was quick to grip James' neck forcing him to deepen the kiss. Regulus felt like he was floating, and was losing air quickly. James pulled away for a second to let them breathe before Regulus immediately brought him back by the nape of his neck. His hands made their way to James' hair and he subconsciously started lightly tugging. James made a noise that was on the verge of a moan. It exhilarated Regulus and pushed him to tug a little harder. James eventually pushed him away, to the dismay of Regulus as he let out a whine and tried to follow the receding lips.

He opened his eyes and it felt like a bucket of cold water was spilt over his head, waking him up to the horrible awful exhilarating feeling that he had just been making out with James Potter, who happened to be a guy, and liked it."Fuck, I- I have to go" James stared at him, with his mouth red and plump and his hair looking like he got properly snogged. He did, didn't he. Regulus started walking away and James didn't even have time to call after him before Regulus had already turned the corner. His hands were gripping his hair and his lips were tingling with left over desire. "Fuck, Fuck,  Fuck, Fuck, Fuck" 

His eyes were shut as he tried to push back tears, alarm bells were ringing in his ears like annoying blaring and he didn't even notice he was bumping into someone until he was on the floor.

"Regulus?" He couldn't help but groan at the voice when he finally regained focus. "Why are you crying?" Regulus touched his cheek and noticed it was wet, guess he wasn't as good at suppressing them as he thought.

"It's nothing Sirius" Regulus tried to maintain a blank expression but his voice betrayed him by coming out shaky and cracking at his brothers name. His brother stared at his messed up hair and plump lips, scoffing at him.

"Well you look properly snogged, get up now you look pitiful" Sirius held out his hand to Regulus and he reluctantly grabbed it letting himself be pulled up. He smoothed out his clothing letting himself keep his remaining dignity. "Yeah alright, nurse your pride then let's go"

Regulus stared at him in confusion before he started walking away urging for Regulus to follow. He caught up to him still confused. "Now you have to see my point of view here, I live in an abusive household with no freedom and finally, finally I get to have my own life and I make new friends and best friends and really love them. Then you swoop in and try to take him from me, do you see where I'm coming from?"

"I'm not stealing Ja-" Regulus was interrupted by a finger on his lips and Sirius shushing him.

"Hush now small child, you are, and I should've expected that we wouldn't be James and Sirius forever but he's had girlfriends... and boyfriends before, and none of them have been like this, not even Lily, I'm loosing him to you" Regulus wanted to scoff at the fact that he was somehow taking Sirius' most prized possession and its completely fake, they've tricked Sirius.

"Oh please Sirius, it's not like he's gone or anything be just has a partner now" Regulus rolled his eyes nudging Sirius lightly.

"You know, I got in a fight with Lily once, it was bad and as much as I don't like to admit it, I was in the wrong, but James took my side, his loyalty to me never faulted. But now, I haven't spoken to James since we fought in the hall, he took your side." Regulus froze staring at Sirius with wide eyes. Before they narrowed and he laughed slightly to himself.

"Don't be absurd Sirius, James will never love me like he loves Lily, he loves her so out loud and openly it's kind of sickening. We will never have that" Regulus felt that his brain was missing what was causing that feeling but he threw it away. Deciding rather to stare at Sirius' confused face.

"Loves? Regulus... James doesn't love Lily, not like he did last year" Regulus stared in confusion, before remembering that Sirius was under the impression that they loved eachother so obviously he'd defend his friend when his boyfriend says he loves someone else.

"It's fine Sirius I've made peace with it" Sirius watched in confusion as Regulus walked down the hallways taking long strides to escape his brother.

__________

I've decided that after I finish this book (and maybe continue and finish Icarus) that I will be deleting wattpad. I like writing fanfics but I only open Wattpad to write now because I've stopped reading on wattpad so I'm missing a lot of people's comments and messages. So I will possibly start writing on Ao3 I just wanted to tell y'all :). This is not the last chapter or even really close to it, I'm thinking there will be around 30 chapters for this book so I hope you guys stick around.

(TLDR: This is my last book before I delete wattpad for good)

See you Sunday! (Or next Sunday you never know with me)