13 - Realizations

Regulus always appreciated the way James held his hand even when no one was around, it made him feel special, because James didn't hold others peoples hands the way he held Regulus'. Like his bones were made of porcelain, so delicate that if James held to hard he would shatter. Normally it would make Regulus feel pitiful but James held him like he would never allow himself to break him. 

Pandora stared at their interlocked hands and a soft smile painted her face although her eyes looked like she pitied the fingers that connected with each other. James had met them in the Library and decided to sit with them for awhile, Regulus loved seeing James in the library. He looked calm, and although he doesn't read much when he finds a book he's interested James simply reading is Regulus' favorite thing to watch. But eventually they decided to leave and James made a pact with Pandora to never speak of him reading so it doesn't mess up his 'bad boy too cool for school vibes' Pandora giggled while she interlocked their pinkies, something that Remus had taught the marauders and in turn they use 'pinkie promises' as thier #1 binding pacts.

"I'm going to meet up with Sirius, see you in the dorm Reggie and it was nice hanging out with you Pandora." James smiled before carefully unlocking their hands and walking off. Both of them smiled back at James, they couldn't help it, his smiled were contagious. 

Regulus had asked James to talk to Sirius, he could tell it was messing with James to be apart from Sirius for so long, even while fighting they are totally codependent on each other. James tried to tell Regulus he was fine but Regulus knew he really missed his best friend.

"He is so sweet, I wish I get a boyfriend like him" Pandora sighed wistfully and Regulus nudged her side.

"What about that 6th year Ravenclaw, Xeno-something?" Pandora blushed turning away from Regulus.

"Xenophilius is just a friend"

"Whatever you say Dora" 

"Oh you want to talk about people who are more than what they say they are?" Regulus flushed and turned to stare at Pandora defiantly.

"I have no idea what you are talking about" Pandora suddenly paused staring at Regulus intensely.

"Honest answer Regulus, have you fallen for him" Regulus scoffed trying to act like Pandora had made a joke, although the way she was staring at him could prove to anyone that she wasn't.  

"Like I said last time Dora, I'm not falling for him."

Regulus walked away before he could give Pandora the chance to respond, he felt bad about leaving her but he didn't want her to say something that made so much and so little sense that it fucked with his brain.

When he returned to the dorm he saw Sirius and James hugging and it looked like they had been getting emotional, but when they pulled apart James noticed Regulus standing in the door way and his face immediately brightened as he got up to hug Regulus as well.

James whispered "Thank you" in Regulus' ear and a shiver went over his whole body.

"Anything for you." 

Regulus' small smile dropped, and James' did too right after, looking confused at the obvious shift in the mood. Regulus froze at the truth in his voice, because Regulus would do anything for James. His whole plan was to mess with Sirius and he had done it, Sirius has been heartbroken by his best friend taking his brothers side, he has been abandoned by most of his friends who chose to side with Regulus and James. And even now Regulus had kept it going long enough for Sirius to come to accept his and James' relationship. And yet Regulus still hasn't ended the prank, because it had started feeling like it wasn't a prank at all. And that's what scared Regulus the most.

"I have to talk to Pandora" Regulus turned and what out of the dorm before James could register what he had said at all. 

Of course Pandora wouldn't be at the same place as he had left her but he was praying that she would be close by. His prayers were answered when he ran into her in the hall, literally.

"Regulus I'm sorry I didn't see you coming are you alright, you look panicked?" 

Regulus froze not remembering what he was going to say to Pandora, how he was going to say it at least, in the moment he had been so shocked he immediately needed to find her but how would he say all that he needed to. 

"I've fallen for him"

_____________________

I know I said that this book will have many chapters but I just don't think I have enough ideas for what to do with the plot too keep it going that long. So with the realization's I'm hoping to make a couple more chapters before wrapping this story up.

I'm very tired (Idk when I'll post this chapter but I'm currently writing it at 5am) So goodnight and I will see you all next chapter. (Whenever that may come) (Who knows though I might have it prewritten by the time this chapter is out) (This chapter is prewritten btw I wrote it at the same time as chapter 12)(I think using this many brackets defeats the purpose of the brackets but who cares)