Nikki Potter: A Heart's Choice

A/N: I was going to post this next week, whether I finished the first chapter this week or not ;P But I decided to post it now since I left you guys with a cliff hanger. And to those new to this, this is a sequel to 'Nikki Potter: A Sister's Betrayal' reading it is highly recommended, unless you want to be confessed off of witts end, then by all means, read ahead.

A warm breeze tickled Nikki's face as she sat in the window of her room, the sun slowly crawled higher into the sky. Out of all the things that happened the last year at Hogwarts, one thing kept coming back to Nikki, one of many things that was always on her mind.

Remus told her he loved her... Nikki had no idea how to react when he told her that, it seemed so unreal when he said it. She had no idea how she felt about Remus, but ever since that moment, Nikki couldn't help but wonder.

Wonder not only if she what she felt for him, and all the possibilities. But why Remus loved her, she wasn't special like James, she didn't play Quidditch and she certainly didn't want to. And she spent all of last school term having feelings for something that he and James hated, it made no sense to Nikki why Remus would love her.

A soft knock made Nikki turn her attention from the outdoors, towards the door “Mother, says we need to go get our supplies from Diagon Alley.” said James, his voice was calm, but Nikki could sense he was being cautious.

The love confession wasn't the only thing that Nikki had on her mind, her and James' parents had been ill lately “Do you think they will be okay?” asked Nikki, her voice showing weakness. Nikki wiped her eyes, in hopes to hold back tears.

When James walked over to her, Nikki stood up, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. James hugged Nikki and sighed “They will be fine” promised James, their parents were elderly they took longer to get better, their bodies couldn't fight stuff as off as easy.

Nikki nodded and took a deep breath, before wiggling her way out of James' hug. Their relationship had some repairing after last term ended, and once their parents got sick, they became even closer because of the rough times “Lets go.” said Nikki.

As they headed downstairs, their footsteps seemingly echoed through the otherwise silent house. The silence was starting to become normal for Nikki, on the days where she didn't go hang out with Sirius and James, she stayed home. Either in her room thinking, or tending to her ill parents.

With the help of floo powder the trip to Diagon Alley was quick, Nikki was never too found of traveling by floo powder. But it was the easiest way to get to places, especially if you live ways from Diagon Alley and cant easily get there.

Nikki stood in Florish and Blotts, her eyes scanned the books with a frown forming on her face. She was struggling to find her potions book, she it should be over here. Nikki wanted to hurry and find her books and other supplies and go home, this was the first year that she wasn't excited about going to Hogwarts, she didn't want a repeat of last year.

Just as Nikki was deciding to go ask for help finding the book, a hand reached above her, brushing her hair in the process and grabbed a small book from a shelf that Nikki wasn't sure she'd be able to reach herself. When Nikki turned around, curious to see who had taken the book, she took a step back.