Chapter eleven

Author of the moment can you tell me, do I end up, do I end up happy?”

He Is We- Happily Ever After

The great hall was filled with chatter from students as they enjoyed their breakfast before they went along with the rest of their day, as much as they could before the weekend was over. But amongst all the chatter, the Gryffindor table seemed to be the busiest.

Nikki walked up to the Gryffindor table, to a very talkative James “Someone is in a good mood” she commented, glancing at James, who had one foot on the long chair, and was talking about something Nikki couldn't really understand.

James looked over his shoulder at Nikki and grinned, the pain that Nikki knew he felt was hidden perfectly well behind the mask he was wearing. It was something James was good at, not showing when he was upset.. Not that it was often that he was “Why wouldn't I be? First practice of the year” said James, as happily as he could.

“Didn't you like announce who you chose for the team like a few days ago? Why did you schedule a practice so soon?” questioned Nikki out of curiosity She never got why James always liked practicing for Quidditch, or why he always got so excited over it.

With a shrug, James sat down with his back to the table “ You really should've tried out for the team.” he mentioned, trying to seem casual about that “It isn't exactly too late for you to try out.” he continued making Sirius snicker.

Nikki groaned and rolled her eyes “This again, James?” complained Nikki “We've been over this loads of times, I do not want to play Quidditch. Get it through your thick head” she said, making Sirius bust out laughing.

James put his hands up defensively and grinned “ Hey, don't blame me for wanting to spend time with my little sister and wanting to teach her to play Quidditch” he said trying to seem innocent about the whole thing.

“Awe, James wuvs his wittle sister” teased Sirius in a high pitched voice, making James glare at him and a few other people crack up laughing. Nikki looked away as a embarrassed blush crept up onto her face.

Remus walked up, shaking his head “I'm not sure what you guys are up to, but if James is giving Sirius a death glare and Nikki is bright pink I'm sure its nothing good” said Remus with a small sigh, they were never up to anything good.

A little further away, Severus sat with his eyes fixed on where Nikki stood with Remus by her side, he didn't want Remus near her but he didn't go over there to try and stop it. He didn't trust Remus one bit, he truly thought that Remus was werewolf and therefore dangerous to be around, it only made him not want Nikki around him even more.

But he also didn't want Nikki around him because he didn't want to risk her falling for him, he was jealous that she spent so much time with him, that he got to see her more than she did. That they could hang out without worry what James would do to him, Severus wished he was able to do that.

Severus would've called you an idiot if you had told him this time last year that he would have feelings for the younger sister of James Potter, he would even question if you were cursed into telling him that he would have stronger feelings for her than Lily.