Chapter three

I knew you were trouble when you walked in, so shame on me now”

Taylor Swift- I Knew You Were Trouble

Nikki walked through the corridors, heading to the only class she was looking forward to this year, she thought that the other classes were okay, but she didn't look forward to them like she did with Potions class.

This year was already a tad bit easier for Nikki, but that possibly could be from the fact it didn't start off with Severus helping her, and James flipping out over it. But James still annoying like last year, especially since now he seemingly was pushing her more towards Remus.

But it wouldn't surprise Nikki, if James was trying to push her towards Remus. She knew that they were close, and that James trusted Remus, and obviously liked him a whole lot more than he did Severus.

That was one of the reasons why Nikki would never tell James about how exactly she feels about Severus, she couldn't do it. It would only cause more problems, and she had enough of those last year, she didn't need more this year.

It wasn't until someone touched Nikki's shoulder that she snapped out of her thoughts, turning around, Nikki bit her lip when she saw Severus. She had not expected to see him, she had though it would've been Sirius or Remus.

“I need to tell you something.” said Severus, but before Nikki could say anything, he grabbed Nikki's wrist and dragged her away from where she was heading. He needed to talk to her somewhere with nobody else there, and the Room of Requirement was too far away.

During her state of confusion, Nikki had not thought of pulling away from Severus “Can it wait until after class? I don't want to be late for the first lesson of the year” said Nikki, and she was pretty sure that wouldn't be too good for her, with being in the Slugclub.

Severus shook his head “ I don't know when you will be alone again, now its probably the best time.” he said, he wasn't sure how she would react to what he had to tell her, but he felt like she should know and maybe even deserved to know.

After a moment, Severus finally pulled Nikki aside, but it took him a moment longer to let go of her wrist. Nikki looked at him, with confusion and curiosity in her eyes “What is it that you need to tell me?” asked Nikki.

A brief distressed look crossed Severus' face, he then glanced around to see if anyone was around “ I don't know how you will take it” said Severus, suddenly worried that Nikki would hate him or be afraid of him afterwards.

Before Nikki could ask what he meant, Severus pulled the sleeve of his robes up. Nikki followed his gaze down to his arm, her eyes widened and her head snapped up to look back up at him “You became one of them?” she asked, shock lingering in her voice.

Severus didn't respond, he just watched as Nikki looked down and went to touch the dark mark on his arm, but hesitate just before her fingers touched it, as if she was afraid it would hurt him. But when her fingers gently touched it, he flinched from a bit of surprise.

Nikki slowly pulled her hand away and looked back up at Severus “When did you” she began, before pausing for a brief second “Become one?” she asked, unable to say the word Death Eater, it wasn't something she normally had to say.

“During the summer” confessed Severus, he had planned on doing that the whole last year, but he didn't plan on caring about what Nikki thought of him because of it. He did however, knew he would worry about how Lily would react, but he wasn't too sure if he should tell her, after what happened between them last year.

For a moment longer, Nikki just stood there, staring at Severus “I need to get to class” said Nikki, suddenly remembering that she was heading to class when he pulled her away. And now she wasn't sure how much more time she had before she was late.

But Severus stopped her just as she went to leave “Do you hate me for this?” asked Severus, he had a feeling that Lily would hate him even more once she found out, but he didn't know whether or not Nikki did, and with her saying she had to get to class, it didn't make him feel anymore confident.

Nikki shook her head “No.” she said “It's not something I would've done, or that I would've encourage” added Nikki “But I get judged, a lot, and I don't want to do the same, so no I don't hate you.” said Nikki.

Hearing this brought a strange wash of comfort over Severus, but what he did next not only surprised himself and Nikki. He hugged her, and when he did, there was a part of him that didn't want to let go, and he didn't truly understand it.

Nikki froze when Severus hugged her, her breath caught in her throat, she never thought that Severus would ever hug her. When Severus let go of her, her breath finally came back to her “I will see you later.” said Nikki.

Severus nodded, but didn't speak, not even when Nikki turned and hurried off to her class. Though he didn't say anything, he was thankful that Nikki accepted him, even if it was because she kinda knew how he felt when it came being who you want to be.

Once Nikki knew she was out of sight, she sighed and looked towards her feet. It was one of the times she wished that James didn't hate Severus, but if he didn't have Severus. Would Nikki even tell Severus that she was falling for him?

That she wasn't sure of, but a part of her wanted to, but the rest of her didn't want to. Nikki knew that Severus was not over Lily, and she wasn't sure if he ever would be. But she wasn't sure if she could keep how strong her feels are a secret for much longer.

And she was a fool, that was something Nikki also knew. A fool for falling so quickly for Severus, when some could say she didn't know him well enough. But there was just something about him that Nikki couldn't help but fall for.

Even though Nikki felt strongly for Severus, she was trying not to get in too deep. She didn't want to get hurt, and a part of her wants to able to let Remus in, to see if she could feel more than just a friendship for him.

Nikki bit her lip as she approached the class room, she wasn't sure how this year would play out. If it would end well, or if it would end badly. But, there was a choice in her future, one that she knew she had to make by the end of the year... Remus or Severus?

A/n: Sooo, There is a kiss coming up in the near future, but will it between Nikki and Severus? Or prephas Remus and Nikki? Someone new? Or will the kiss just be a random thing between two random characters? You'll find out sometime ;) Also, unless I get a chapter written by friday, I won't be posting until March.