Chapter twelve

Leaves fell from the near naked trees, Nikki walked with two of her friends from the Slugclub, with a tiny smile on her face “Oh you are wonderful at potions, you could go far, you just have to meet one of my friends they could help you tons” one of Nikki's friends mimicked.

Nikki giggled “You know know he says that to everyone in that club, expect the ones who he picked because of their parents.” she said, her heart ached at the word parents. Though it wasn't too long ago that her parents died, only a month and a half ago but it became easier to deal the pain, she was able to sorta smile and laugh again.

“I'm surprised he hasn't asked James to join the slugclub, as he is a talented Quidditch player.” commented one of her friends “And he is very good looking” she added, making her other friend nod in agreement.

A disgusted look crossed Nikki's face and she rolled her eyes” One, that is just gross.” said Nikki and shook her head “Secondly, does everyone have like a crush on my brother or something?” she questioned, unsure if she wants to hear the answer.

Her two friends looked at each other and nodded, Nikki looked at them trying to figure out if they were serious “And your friend Sirius, who you hang out a lot with is pretty cute too.” her friend continued, suppressing a grin.

Nikki groaned and put her hand on her head “I think I'm going to be sick, can you guys, just not say that, its just wrong.” she said in desperation, she had no idea why people were so nuts over James and Sirius, she found it wrong and kinda creepy.

While too busy trying to get the conversation and image of people finding James and Sirius cute out of her head, Nikki missed the fact that she heard someone calling her name, until she was tapped on the back “Nikki, I need to talk to you.” said Severus once Nikki turned around.

“Well I'm actually sorta busy, this is the only real time I get away from James lately..” said Nikki glancing over her shoulder, James had been more clingy after while, even with his Quidditch practice and the first game coming up.

But even though Nikki said that, Severus still grabbed her hand and began to pull her away from her friends “It's important, I really need to talk to you and I need to do it now when your brother is not around” said Severus.

Nikki sighed and tried to pull her hand away from Severus, but his grip was too strong “Severus, let me go.” demanded Nikki, still trying to pull her hand away “Can't this wait until some other time?” she asked, looking over at Severus.

Once they were out of hearing range, and nearly out of eye sight. Severus stopped and looked at Nikki, but never let go of her hand “ What has been going on with you?” he asked, sounding a bit more irritated than he intended “You've been avoiding me again, what did I say or do that is making you act like this?” questioned Severus.

Those words made Nikki shut her eyes, and when she tried to turn away Severus made her look back towards him “I can't tell you why, I just can't” said Nikki, there was no way she could tell him why she struggled to be around him.

Severus stared at her, he didn't get why she couldn't tell him, had James told her something that made her not want to hang out with him? Or was she with Remus now and he Just didn't know it yet? “But why can't you tell me?” asked Severus.