Chapter six

As Nikki walked, she wasn't able to feel any emotions, her mind blocked them all out. But despite that, her mind was still jumbled and aching from all the thoughts that were running rapidly through her head.

Things get worse before they get better thought Nikki, not paying attention where she was walking to. “So when are they going to get better?” asked Nikki in a whisper, it was something she truly wanted to know, things seemed to get worse and worse by the day.

With being in such deep thought, Nikki hadn't even noticed Sirius until he was right by her waving his hand in her face “Anyone home?” asked Sirius, making Nikki sigh and roll her eyes at Sirius, she didn't quite understand him sometimes.

“Did everyone abandon James or something?” asked Nikki, ignoring Sirius' question “I know Peter like idolizes him, but I don't think he would stay around with just him..” she added, rubbing the side of her head.

Sirius shrugged “James wanted me to find you and check on you, when Remus came back without you, and seemed bothered, he sent me to make sure you weren't dead or something.” he said, with a hint of curiosity in his eyes when he mentioned Remus seemed bothered.

The thought of the kiss shoved its way back into Nikki's head making her shut her eyes tightly “I am not in the mood to deal with James right now.” said Nikki, trying to ignore the thought of the kiss “ Or anything really.” she added.

Instead of leaving her be like Nikki had hoped, Sirius followed her as she walked away “Nikki.” said Sirius, following behind her “Nikki what's wrong?” he said, yet Nikki stayed silent, she had a feeling that if she told Sirius anything he would tell James about it “Nikki” whined Sirius, making Nikki bit her lip and still keep quiet “Tell me what's wrong.” he continued to whine, sounding to Nikki, like a two year old who wanted something and wasn't quite getting it.

Nikki stopped suddenly, nearly making Sirius walk into her, she sighed and look at Sirius “What?” she asked, harsher than she meant to “What do you want to know?” she added, trying to change her tone of voice, she didn't want to be mean to Sirius, but she was just too stressed to deal with anything.

A confused look crossed Sirius' face “What is up with you and Remus? He came back in a mood and you are in a weird mood too.” asked Sirius, suddenly a look of realization snapped onto his face “Did he tell you he loves you or something?” he questioned.

Nikki had to force herself not to look away from Sirius, even though she could feel a small blush growing “Last year he did” admitted Nikki “But when he came to check on me, we sorta had a disagreement” she lied, not wanting to tell Sirius about the kiss.

Sirius' expression turned to mischievous and amused “About time he did.” stated Sirius “Took him long enough... And why didn't he tell his best buddy about it?” Sirius continued, trying not to snicker while he spoke.

Nikki stared at him wondering if he was being serious or not “Because you would've teased him to no end.” said Nikki, knowing it was completely obvious, at least to the people who have hung around Sirius and Remus “And did you know this whole time?” she asked.

Sirius shrugged “Yes and no, always suspected though.” he explained “Just wait until James finds out about Remus being in love with his little sister.” said Sirius, seeming slightly excited and amused at the thought of James finding out.

A look of dread crossed Nikki's face “Sirius don't.” said Nikki, with a hint of desperation to her voice “ I didn't really want you to find out for Remus' sake, what makes you think I want James to find out?” questioned Nikki.

But before Sirius could respond, they were approached by Professor McGonagall “Ms. Potter, I need to see you in my office.” said Professor McGonagall, Sirius' raised a brow at Nikki, as if to ask what she had done to get sent to the office.

Remus approached Severus as he walked out of a classroom, he was angry and upset, and he couldn't take it any longer “ I don't get why Nikki is into you” said Remus, only to have Severus ignore him “Snivellus” he said, feeling slightly weird using that name, it wasn't one he really used often.

Severus scowled at Remus “Why so bitter, Lupin?” sneered Severus “Upset that Nikki wants to hang out with me instead of you?” he questioned, with a hint of a challenge in his voice, he never had to deal with just Remus, and it wasn't common for him to have to deal with Remus during bullying anyway.

Remus narrowed his eyes at Severus “You don't want her yet she is still so hung up on you... I don't get it.” he said shaking his head “And you shouldn't be surprised if she ends up wanting me one day when she gets tired of waiting.

“You're are her brother's best friend, why would she be into you? She will always see you as a buddy and Potter's best friend.” said Severus, a slight smirk trying to form on his face, he felt some power for once, without James casting some jinx on him.

Those words stung Remus a bit, but for a change, he was quick with more to say “Do you really think she wont fall for me one day? I've been with her from the start, I wanted her from the start, where you haven't. I've comforted her when you hurt her, and made her cry.” began Remus, a part of him felt kinda bad for what he was about to say, but he felt like it would be worth it “And I didn't walk away when I kissed her.” he said, with a sense of superiority in his voice.

Severus raised his eyebrows, and discreetly balled his fists. A part of him was angry and kinda jealous that Remus kissed Nikki, the other half was surprised that he knew about the kiss “How did you know?” asked Severus inside of retorting.

Remus rolled his eyes “It was obvious to me, she came back from the christmas party a mess, and I caught her touching her mouth a couple of times. I put two and two together, and guess who was there to help her with she wasn't in the right mind?” he explained.

Hearing this knocked Severus back a few steps, he had not noticed Nikki acting that way besides a little bothered. Severus shoved past Remus, he was trying not to show that he was now worried that Nikki might actually get feelings for him.

That was something Severus didn't want, he didn't trust Remus, there was just something about him and how he disappeared a lot. But seeing him and Nikki so close made Severus wonder if Nikki suspected anything.

And suddenly Severus began to wonder when Remus had kissed Nikki, and how she reacted. And only thinking about that made him start to slightly fear Nikki coming to tell him that she had feelings for Remus.. Did he start having feelings for Nikki too late?