Chapter 3 - For fucks sake Jake!

Na'vi = Bold e
English = Normal

This soon. You know who you are. I've been in a bit of stump sorry 'bout that.

--- --- ---

Adda would very much like to stop breathing right about now.

She was sitting nervously with her legs tucked beside her, in the middle of a large crowd of Na'vi. Apparently, they considered her blessed with "The powers of Eywa" after watching her stitch her skin back together with her magic. She could still feel the dull throb of it on her back. It's probably going to scar.

She never was a fan of eating in public spaces. Something about it just always made her uncomfortable. Especially after what happened when she was a kid, but I digress.

So, back to the present. Here she was, sitting awkwardly right by the Olo'eyktan and the Tsahik waiting for Tsu'tey to come back after leaving to get food. Sometghing about him not wanting to be near her more than he has to. That jerk. Handsome jerk but still, at least she got a good view while he was walking away. (This girl is thirsty-)

Fiddling absently with her braid she notices the crowd go silent. Ah. Jake just got here. Well this is gonna go well.

Jake made a complete fool of himself. First he tried to make some jokes and then he stepped on someones tail. Oh the wonder of male testosterone. Thankfully nothing worse happened and everyone went back to eating and chatting. Jake ended up sitting beside Adda since he wasn't comfortable alone. That and Neytiri told him to. He is already so whipped. The situation kind of remided her of that one time where she was the new kid at school and she had to sit alone during lunch. Ah memories.

That was about the time both of their teachers came back. It was also the time that Adda had her first lesson.

Tsu'tey roughly handed her a leaf with an odd kind of meat on it. "Ah, thank you-"

"Do not speak." He glared at her fiercly with the fire reflected in his eyes. She tought he was quite striking at that moment. He turned away from both her and Jake and swiftly made his way as far as possible from both of them.

"Do not worry," that was Neytiri, "he will come to tolerate you. You must be patient."

First lesson. Patience is key.

---

Falling asleep just to wake up, this time in her human body, was a new experience.

That and it almost scared the life out of her when she saw Grace and half of the departement hovering over her.

"Back up, back up! Give her some room!" Jake was shooing the other curious onlookers away from her threatening to ram his weelchair into their shins. Such a good cousin eh?

"Hey! Look at me!" Grace takes Adda's face in her hand and turns her towards a flashlight that she shine directly into her eyes. "You alrightin there?"

"Yes, yes, I'm fine!" Half blinded by that retina burning flaslight Adda flails her arms a bit trying to get away. "You don't need to blind me!"

Grace snorts at that and lightens her grip. "Well at least you still have your attitude." She turns serious after that. "But really, is it true? What Jake said..."

"Yeah," Adda's smile was tired but no less blinding, "it's true." An uproar suddenly burst out, everyone scrambling to ask questions and beg for samples. Jake had to go back to threatening them with his wheelchair to get them both to the room they share so that they could get changed and washed up for a late supper and then to bed for both of them. Supper was going to be one long tedious affair for both of them.

---

Morning came too quickly for Adda's taste. Heck, it wasn't even actually morning yet. The sun was still set behind the horizon when they got to the mess hall the morning after and the only excuse the got for it was "tribe life starts early".

Breakfast was filled with laughs at the story Grace told about the both of them and the palulukan. Adda doesn't actually remeber most of what was said since she was still half asleep.

She was just robotically shoving food in her mouth so that she wouldn't die from malnutrition. Not that her magic would let her anyways, but Adda prided herself in being able to stay healthy. So eat she shall.

About halfway through breakfast Jake leaves to go do some stuff in his room, Adda doesn't really have the necessary braincells at that moment to look further into that.

---

Right when Adda was about to link in after breakfast Max comes storming in panicking about something to do with Jake and Quaritch and so on so forth. Adda was so done.

"'Aight, I'mma be whooping his handicapped ass for this one."

"And who's handicapped ass are we talking about exactly?" Jake has the audacity to walk in at that moment and look offended. "Who do you think?" Was the deadpanned response he got from Adda.

"Enough of that!" Grace interrupted, "Go pack your stuff we're leaving, I'm not gonna let Quaritch run this show from the back."

And so that was how they ended up in the hallelujah mountains.

---

"Adda, this one is yours. One of the less glitchy ones." She hestured carelessly with the hand holding her cigarette.

"Thanks Grace." Came the distracted response. Adda was itching to get back into the tribe life, even if she only experienced it once before. And she kinda wanted to get to know the blue hottie better. She wondered if she could smuggle a camera into camp to sneack a picture of his fine behind.

Oh well. A girl can dream.