Ramsay

Snape's hand stops suddenly, a startling question slips out through his thin lips.

"Did you have a dream of 'Sectumsempra' last night?"

You are completely shocked, your brain goes blank and you do not know what to say. 

Snape patiently waits, two fingers twirling his quill. 

"Yes—but, how—how did you know?" you say at a really slow pace, the room is so quiet that almost creepy. 

His eyes flick at the clock, then back to you, "We ought to be quick, five more minutes until class starts." 

Without giving you time to reply, he continues, "I had the same dream."

Your body jumps in surprise, pupils rapidly shrink and you press your back onto the chair to find a sense of security, "You—had the same d—dream?" You stammer. 

"Yes," his tone is so calm. "But I believed it was from the other perspective. I was the one who cast Sectumsempra, and I could assume that I was cursed by—"

He takes in a deep breath, "—Imperio."   

You haven't had any time to digest the overwhelming amount of information, he picks up his words again, "And, the girl who I attacked—well, unintentionally, was supposed to be Marilyn." 

"By me, and Dumbledore," he adds, seriousness full of his dark eyes.

"Marilyn?" Your brain is trying to reconnect—this name sounds familiar to you. "Marilyn who?"

"Ramsay," Snape ends the conversation with the second-year girl's last name, ink marks appear as he comments on the parchment. 

The calming clicking sound of the clock wakes you from trance, a serious question comes up in your mind, "You told Professor Dumbledore?"

"After I woke," his hand pauses. "Nearly two-twenty. He was awake, and the conversation was mostly around you." 

He seems to weigh the thing he was about to say, and he carries on in resolution, "Including you are a Death Eater, a defected one."

"What did he say, then?" you glare at him because of the chance someone might just come in by coincidence and have heard that. 

He seems to detect the sense of tension in your voice, a hint of smugness flickers over his face, "Well, he said it was great to hear that from you, and warned me not to be a halfwit allowing you to stay in the Forest at night."

You can't help to gloat at that, laughing too hard that you are almost suffocated, "Tha—that is—amazing—"

You didn't see he takes out his wand. 

"Langlock!"

You are choked badly, coughing your heart out. Snape raises his eyebrow, "Miss y/ln, it seems obvious that you enjoy spending time with—your DADA professor."

"—I, I—" you can barely make a sound, begging him to release your tongue with your innocent eyes. 

He smirks, unintentionally glimpses at the clock and you see the sudden deepening of the crease between his eyebrows.

Narrowing his eyes, Snape says in a freezing cold tone, "Thirty more seconds 'til the course starts."

You notice no one else has come, you tilt your head in curiosity. 

So strange, no student would like to be late for Snape's class because of the severe consequences. 

"Hm, agreed," Snape says suddenly, you jump and realize that he could read your mind any time he wants. 

So you can still communicate even if he jinxes you with Langlock.

"Well, I could also control your mind if you'd like."

Oh, sugar. The horrible feeling's back. 

You glance at the book, so sarcastically sitting on your desk at this moment, giving Snape an ingratiating simper—May I talk, professor?

"No, you may not," he rises and walks toward the door. "You may read your book while waiting, though." 

You roll your eyes but move them onto the lines anyway. 

After a few more minutes, you hear someone trending in the corridor towards the classroom. You could analyze that is Snape. 

You stick your head out, as predicted, Snape rounds the corner and enters the classroom. He flicks his wand at you and your tongue is freed.

"Come with me," he demands, fury in his eyes. "Something happened, and it is related to you."

You stand up, follow his command and walk of out the classroom. You know there's not going to have an explanation, so you did not ask him on your way. He leads you into the Great Hall, and you are the centre of attention as the doors open. 

Dumbledore is standing on the stairs, you feel uneasy, but you have to maintain your dignity as a prefect. 

Snape steps closer to Dumbledore, didn't say anything but they both give a terse nod.

"Y/n, I'm sorry to say this," Dumbledore begins, you can't tell his emotions by his calm tone. "Miss Marilyn Ramsay, during breakfast, was suddenly shrieking. After examinations, y/n, it turns out that her mind was penetrated. She sees white lights, and some severe haemorrhaging scenes. And, unfortunately, y/n, she also sees you."

You take aback, it's the third time of the day that your brain goes completely blank, "M—me?"

"Yes, y/n," Dumbledore confirms. "Do you see anything strange, too, y/n?" 

You look at Snape as if asking for help, Snape quickly looks away and you see he shakes his head very slightly, nearly not discernible. 

You decide to trust him because he had the same dream as you. You close your eyes for a second or two, reply determinately, "No. I do not."

"Well, this means Miss y/ln is involved and she might be worthy to be suspected," Snape chimes in, you have not heard he ever interjects Dumbledore's speech. "Headmaster, I wish I could take her to a good inquiry."

Dumbledore's eyebrows twitch slightly, and he answers with a courteous smile, 

"You could, Severus."