Unaccountable

Snape rises from the chair, "Now, we oughta get done with something important."

"What is it?" you ask, the most important thing has been finished already. 

"Occlumency."

"WHAT? OC—CLU—MENC—Y?"

"Do you not know how to pronounce that word properly, Miss y/ln?"

"I do, but—" you approach him. "—You don't sound like Professor Snape when you are calling my last name anymore." 

A sly smile hangs on your face. 

"Oh, of course, I don't," Snape replies ironically. "I'm more like your student now."

"Hm, what happened to make you say that? Curious, isn't it, Professor Snape?" you imitate his tone, unable to control yourself from giving out a small laugh. 

Snape glares at you, "Back to the topic. I've done this with one of the dunderheads before. He was incapable of controlling his mind at all, I hope you will not let me down."

"Oh, impressive," you wave your wand and let a chair fly towards you. "I will definitely let you down, don't you worry."

He picks up his wand lying on the table, inspecting carefully through every part, "Prepare yourself to resist."

"Yes, sir," you successfully earned yourself a warning stare—"Call me professor."

"Yes, profe–sir," you pause deliberately, Snape rolls his eyes and continues his examination of his wand. 

"Do you feel ready?" After about two or three minutes, Snape asks. 

You were starting to feel a little scared in the silence, you nod, "Yes, I guess."

"Good," he takes a few steps toward you, states. "Control your mind."

"—Legilimens!"

"Ugh!" you scream. Snape points his wand away, "That was just a little bit more than a second, Miss y/ln."

You lie your head against the back of the chair, "I felt I'm dying."

"Focus on relaxing first," Snape says patiently. "It would not be that worse. You were just scared."

You inhale, "Okay, let's try again."

Snape nods, "Prepare."

"Legilimens!"

You scream the second time, but Snape didn't remove his wand. You grip the armrests tightly, finger joints turning white as you put forth your strength. 

You see the nightmare again, the white light crosses your brain and Marilyn's terrible scream breaks your eardrums. You are so horrified that your tears drop off your eyes without you even noticing. 

Snape sighs as he lowers his wand, you gasp desperately. He keeps his eyes on you until you are able to talk, "God, I saw it again."

"I know," Snape looks down at his wand and wipes it with his robe. "I saw it, too."

You are still trembling, "You were killing Marilyn..."

"Maybe it is not a good time to teach you since you are too frightened," Snape tucks his wand back into his sleeve. "We can try it again tomorrow. It is so much better than the previous one, though, since I detected...trust?"