𝗴𝘂𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁 | 𝟯

third.

y/n lee's

_________

"

Buy anything you want, my treat." I showed Jihye my card.

She smiled widely and we went around the mall as she pick and put the things she want inside the cart.

I smiled whenever she giggled everytime she choose something she liked. God, I would risk everything for my sister.

It gave me relief that I didn't bumped into someone I knew-especially him.

"Where should we eat?" I asked her when we finally paid for the things she bought.

"Fast food!" She said giddily.

I grinned. "That's more I like it."

We went to her favorite fast food chains. I let her be the host on this day. I let her decided in everything we do because whichever she would say, I would gladly obliged.

I would do anything for this girl-the only family I have left.

My mother and I was the second family our father had. He didn't kept it a secret among us but he don't know where they were.

He admitted he was an asshole for it but when Jihye's mother hadn't let that morning, our father would take responsibility.

Jihye's mother was just afraid back then that father would throw her our given that he's part of the mafia. So, instead of being thrown out, she's the one who left first.

"Sis, look!" I squinted my brows and look at where she's pointing.

My eyes widen when I saw him. Damn, even on this day I would see him? Fuck it.

I look away so he wouldn't notice that I'm here but I guess it's too late. I could feel his sharp gaze bore into where part of my body he's staring so hard right now.

For fuck's sake, stop staring at me and mind your own goddamn business. Why's the world so small for us? This is getting out of hand. Every time this happens, I don't think this is a mere coincidence.

"That's big bro, right?" Jihye asked, still not looking away from him.

I sighed. "Jihye, don't call him that anymore. Him and I were no longer together."

"It's not like I have a choice, honey. We can't force someone who's trying to push us away." I smiled and messed her hair.

My breathing hitched when I heard his voice, behind me.

"And that's why I'm trying to pull you back from me again." He whispered, but I don't think Jihye heard it clearly since her brow's furrowed like she doesn't know what's going on.

I smiled annoyingly. I don't want to pick a fight while my sister's here.

I slowly turned around and face the bastard's face.

"Hello, we met again." I said, like I was forced to say it, which is, by the way, I really am.

He has that amused grin when I'm acting nice in front of him.

"Well, would you look at that." He mumbled while playing with his lips. He leaned closer to me-making our lips almost touching. "You look fucking hot right now, y/n."

He tilted his head like he's really making his way out of it.

I turned around and now my back's facing him. I smiled dearly at my sister.

"Jihye, could you order another set of food for our new arrived guest."

She slowly nodded her head-still confused of the current situation and the slowly building tension between Yu and I.

When she left our table, I immediately faced the man again and shoot him a glare.

"I think it's not nearly a week before I told you I would slit your neck open once we see each other again." I said while gritting my teeth.

He shrugged and pulled the nearest chair beside me. "This is merely a coincidence, y/n. Maybe destiny approved of us getting back together."

I rolled my eyes. "Destiny, my ass." I paused and said words clearly to him. "Just fuck off once more like how you did 2 years ago. I would appreciate that once more."

He didn't respond.

"And by the likes of someone as you, destiny would ran away by the smell of blood lingering by the deepest in your soul."

"Now, now, honey." He leaned closer to the table and rested his chin on his palm while staring at me. "Don't act like your hands were clean. You're as dirty as me, y/n. You smell blood all over."

I hate him.

"I'm killing people for peace."

He shook his head. "No. You're killing people for your own needs and satisfaction."

I was silenced. Because, somehow, that's unexpectedly true. I glare at him for the whole minute until Jihye came with the tray full of foods.

Yu thanked her and Jihye sat on her seat. They started talking like how they were years ago. I was quite the whole time. I'm just staring at them laughing and talking.

They look really close.

If we were still like how we were years ago, I would melt and fall in love with him more by this sight of them. I loved how he made my sister love him too. I loved how he loved the things I love.

I sipped on my drink, still not taking any noises. I let them talk until we went outside the chain.

I thought that was the end of it but Yu suddenly decided to join us and I couldn't argue when my sister excitedly agree with him.

Jihye's on my right side and on Jihye's right side was Yu. So basically, Jihye's on the center while looking like parents, we were both on her side.

I could see some women looking back at us whenever we past them. I would roll my eyes everytime. Yeah, like I mean-sure, he's tall. Very attractive. Not just attractive but like the most handsome.

Everything in him were charming everyone out. Good thing I am very much secured right now.

"Y/n, do you need something? Do you want me to buy something for you, sweetheart?"

I nodded my head. "Milktea. Wintermelon flavor, please."

It was minutes after I realized what I've just said. I immediately looked at him with wide eyes. He look surprised too-having that amused grin on his lips.

Words came out from my mouth unconsciously. It was like this when we were still going out. And plus the endearment, it makes me think we're still dating.

I sighed-trying to hide the uneasiness and embarrassment I'm feeling right now. "I'm sorry. Words slipped out by instinct." I smiled. "It's fine. I can buy myself one."

I was about to look at Jihye so I can excuse myself for a minute when he suddenly spoke.

"No. It's okay. I can buy it myself."

He turned around. His back were now facing us while he's now walking away from us-whistling some random song.

That was just a slip of a tongue, why did it seem like he win a lotto while walking away from us-buying me the milktea I want to drink?

__________

[ vote and comment y'all ]