𝗴𝘂𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁 | 𝟴

eight.

yu joonghyuk's

__________________________

"Good morning, Sire."

That's what everyone says after I enter the building. My secretary walked behind me, nodding at every employees looking at our way. It's not like I don't greet employees, it's just that I'm still lost in thought.

"My schedule?" I said when the elevator's door closed, leaving me and my secretary all alone.

I saw her check her table on the reflection. "Meeting at 11 am, that's all for the day but you'll be attending Mr. Joo's party for tonight."

I nod my head. The door opened and I immediately went out the elevator and head straight to the door to my office.

"I'm here if you'll need something, Sir." The woman said before I close the door. I head for my chair and remove my coat. I loosened my tie and relax.

I sighed, my eyes closed.

What would happen if I only risk being with her instead of keeping her safe? Fuck keeping her safe! She's completely endangering herself by killing. She's damn lucky she was assigned to us then if not, she'd be hunt for the rest of her life.

Not that I wouldn't also hunt her if she wouldn't get back to me. It's different in many ways. I shrugged off all those ridiculous thoughts and started working all those damn papers on the table.

I was busy scheming all those papers when my phone suddenly rang. I sighed and took it.

"What?" I said after I hit the answer button.

"Seriously, fix that habit of yours or I'll punch you to death!" I heard Sooyoung's voice at the other line.

"Well, I'll congratulate you if you can do that. If not then you're still need a lot of training to do." I said and played the pen on my other hand.

"Yeah, right." I can almost see her rolling her eyes out until it will surely come out.

"Why did you call?" And of all people, why you?

"Just to report things that you should know, Your Majesty." She said sarcastically. "Four of your trusted men were killed last night."

I turned serious. "The killer?"

"Unknown."

"So it's not her, huh?" I mumbled under my breath.

"Yes, it's not. She's been silent for the last few days." Sooyoung said, her voice turned deadly serious too. "It would be known already if it's her since she would slice everyone's neck."

"What's the cause now?" I asked and leaned my back at my chair.

"I don't know. But most of them had been biting their tongue. This one must be crazy, Yu."

Biting their tongue, huh? I guess she must be right. That guy must be crazy. They're my trusted men, I picked them based on how capable they are on fighting and for their death to be only biting their tongue? That guy must have done something terrible.

"Any clues, Your Majesty?" Sooyoung said and I could hear some pile of paper being brought down on a table.

"Nothing. Suicide. We can't call it murder since that person did not kill them, they're the one who killed themselves."