chapter 3

Lisa's POV

I'm standing here in the middle, waiting for my partner. I could tremble to death right now. What if I will regret all of this?

"Lisa, meet Jennie, your partner for today.", the staff said while smiling. I saw Jennie, my partner, walking down the aisle. This was unexpected and I never wanted to be in this situation. However, everything seemed to have stopped the moment I saw her. The thing that scares me is that I have never felt this way before, it felt like my heart skipped a beat the instant she walked in. I never saw anyone like her before, nor met anyone like her.

She's gorgeous..

She finished walking down the aisle and is now standing directly in front of me. I've got to say her beauty is mesmerizing, with a round face and extremely attractive cat-eyes, and those lips, it's perfect, her beauty is perfect.

She had a serious expression on her face, as if she wasn't enjoying herself and wanted to get out of here. Why is her expression like that? Is it because she didn't expect me to be the person she expected? This is complete hell.

"Okay, let's get started. I'm sure you both know the rules right? You have to pretend to be partners for the rest of the day?" The staff explained, I just nodded to avoid awkward silence and the staff continued to speak. It seemed to me that Jennie was doing nothing and was simply trying to avoid eye contact with everyone, including me. I could see she didn't want this because her expression is still the same as a while ago.

"Well, the challenge will begin right now, and you both will be monitored whether you both will follow or not follow the rules, although not as often as you may expect, because that's part of invading privacy, so don't worry. Anyway, good luck to you both!" We were told that we may leave now, so I didn't know what else to do but follow Jennie out the door.

I gently tapped on her shoulders because I don't think she knows that I'm right behind her. I felt her jump a little bit and turned around to look at me. "You scared me.", she murmured.

"Sorry.", I awkwardly laughed, but she continued to look serious, which is now embarrassing.  "What brings you here following me?", she questioned. She looks lovely and innocent-looking, yet she sounds scary with that serious tone.

"Aren't we supposed to be acting like a couple for the rest of the day?" I asked. "Are you serious about doing that?" She answered, "Because I'm not.", and resumed walking; of course, I was still following her.

"What do you mean you're not? You stood in front of the booth?", I asked again but I noticed that she stopped walking.

"I was pushed, now leave me alone.", she explained as she resumed walking at a faster pace, and I couldn't help but follow her.

"Fine, but do you perhaps want to go grab some ice cream with me?", I gently gripped her wrist and motioned for her to turn around to face me; she gave me a direct stare and then glanced down. She appeared to be thinking something.

"No," she stated flatly, preparing to resume walking when I intervened, "Please, after this... I promise that I'll leave you alone," I pleaded, sounding desperate but I swear, I don't want to just let her go.

"If that's what you want, then fine." she sighed and I smiled like a monkey as I walked beside her, grabbing her hand and holding hands with her.

"Just please don't hold hands with me." she noticed. I frowned a little bit but I just mumbled a 'sorry' to her and stopped holding hands as we go to the ice cream stand.

"What flavor do you want?" I asked her, "Milk," she answered, and I nodded and walked over to the cashier.

"Milk and Chocolate flavor, please. Thank you." I said to the cashier and he nodded and started to prepare the ice cream.

"So.. Jennie, what are you doing for this Valentines Day?" I tried not to make things awkward by asking. With that serious expression on her face, she glanced at me once more.

"Nothing, probably just lying in bed.", she said. I simply agreed with her by nodding. We're in the same situation, with no one around on Valentine's Day.

"Do you hang out with your friends in Valentines Day instead?", I asked. I'm hoping she doesn't think I'm annoying since I'm asking too many questions.

"I don't have any friends.", she stated. My eyes widened slightly. How come she doesn't have any friends when she's such a goddess? Who wouldn't want to hang out with her?

"Are you serious? Man, people these days suck! Who wouldn't want to be friends with a goddess?" I surprisingly said, I looked back at her and noticed a small smile on her face.

"Ahah! I caught you smiling. All this time you put on a serious expression as if you're going to kill me with those eyes." I joked, and she smiled a little bit more.

she's cute, i think i'm in love.

"You may think I'm a 'goddess' but in reality, I'm just a boring person.", she stated. Well, I don't think so.

"Does it matter if you're 'boring'?", I responded as I took the ice cream from the cashier and paid. I handed the milk flavored icecream to Jennie, "Perhaps you might have another part of you that isn't boring."

"Whatever, anyways, thanks for the icecream." she thanked and started eating the ice cream with me as we sat on a table.