chapter 4

Lisa's POV

I'm now here eating ice cream with Jennie on the pub table. I can't help but secretly stare at her while she eats her ice cream. I hated people like this where they would stare at you while you're eating, but look what I am doing right now.

but i've got to admit that i have never seen a person who eats ice cream in an attractive way with no effort at all.

Okay I need to stop being a weirdo.

"So aren't you that girl from the photography club?", she asks after finishing the mouthful of ice cream in her mouth. I almost choked on my food when I heard her say that.

"You know me? How?", I asked her this time. I can't believe she knows me when I knew her just today.

"Some of my classmates keep talking about you, I guess they like you.", she stated and eats another piece of ice cream. I chuckled and said, "Well, sorry. I'm not interested in relationships at the moment." I joked and I saw her gummy smile again.

"Really? It looks like you are.", She joked back and smirked. Damn, this girl can be sarcastic.

"I am not." I rolled my eyes. I wonder what it is that makes me look like I'm interested in relationships when I am not.

"How about you, are you interested in finding relationships?", I asked her. "No. Why do you ask? Do you like me?", she calmy asks out of nowhere.

I almost choked again on her words, "No! I mean.. No I don't! Maybe you're the one who likes me!" I blurted it out and tried not being too obvious.

She smirked again and set the empty cup of ice cream next to her, "Says the one who asked me to have ice cream with her.", she said straightforwardly.

"Whatever.", I scoffed and ate my ice cream again. I took a look at her and noticed that she was staring straight at my lips and then back at my eyes. While she was doing that, I got a little bit worried.

"I'd like to know what you think of me.", Out of the blue, she asks. I think she's growing a little bit more confidence now that she's asking questions and not just having a serious expression.

"Well, you're incredibly gorgeous, and I'm surprised that no one is hanging out with you. To be honest, you're a good person to be with.", I told her. It was only after I said those words that I saw her smile all over again.

"Really?", she asked again. She really doesn't believe me huh?

"Of course, why? You don't believe me?", I asked out of curiosity. "It's nothing. It's just that I have never gotten that type of compliment.", she admitted.

"Are you serious? People are blind these days.", I scoffed, almost everything has changed in this society and it's ridiculous. How come girls find that one ugly guy who tries so hard to be 'attractive' hot? They are tasteless.

"You've been saying that for a long time," she said with a giggle, then stood up, walked in front of me, and reached out her hand to me, "Come with me."

"Where are we going?", After taking her hand and getting up, I suddenly remembered the promise I made to her that I would leave her alone once we'd finished eating ice cream.

"Oh, the promise. I'll leave you alone now.", I smiled again and was about to walk away but I noticed her frowning, as if she didn't want me to leave. It made my heart flutter when she clung to my arm and whispered, "I take back what I said, let's spend more time together."

"What made you change your mind? I think you like me." I teased her and she giggled upon hearing what I said.

"Probably.", she instantly stopped clinging onto my arm and began to run. I paused a little bit after what I just heard, but I noticed that she's slowly disappearing out of my sight so I had no time to think and just ran after her.

"Hey! Wait up!", I yelled and after seconds of running after her, I finally catched her and carefully spun her around to face me.

"Lisa from Photography Club likes Jennie the quiet student!", she exclaims out loud and started running again. After what she said, I panicked because we could practically be heard here, but it's a good thing there's a large crowd right next to us.

This is a side that I've never seen from her; she was just wearing that cold and serious expression minutes ago, and now she's showing a more cheerful and humorous side.

I chased her again, and somehow I was able to catch her again, but this time I hugged her in the back so she wouldn't get away.

"I didn't know you were this joyful. You run like a little kid.", I panted. She dragged me inside the photo booth with her hand gripping on my wrist. She excitedly took one of the heart-shaped glasses and wore it, "Let's take pictures."

Jeez, does she get energetic when she eats ice cream? I thought.

I smiled and nodded at her as I took another pair of heart-shaped glasses. We both got prepared for the shot and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder for the first pose.

*click*

For the second pose, we both held up a peace sign and smiled for the next picture.

*click*

I was going to smile when Jennie hugged me and laid her chin on my shoulders, but that wasn't just it. She unexpectedly landed her lips on my left cheek, making my eyes widen and making me look ridiculous in the final photo.