Chapter 6: Her Past & Future Reflection

Shinoe tilts her head to the side, her long silver hair following the movement. She gave him a close-eyed smile.

"I saved you, how are you going to repay me?"

The girl suddenly realizes, "Wait...did you just called me Shinoe?" She questioned, using her index finger to point at herself.

Nanao was making incoherent hand gestures to indicate how anxious he was. "A-aah! I'm sorry, Hitachiin-senpai." He stutters out nervously.

The girl smiles warmly, reaching out her hand to him. "It's okay, call me Shinoe from now on...Nanao-kun." She closed her eyes, radiating her smile even more.

It was already the next day and another school day for our miserable students.

They were currently outside for an activity their teacher ordered them, basically just testing out their abilities and whatnot.

The silver haired girl's long hair was now tied into a low braid as her blue ribbon hair clasp holds it altogether. Instead of her usual school uniform, she wears a half zipped grey-ish purple jacket along with a plain white undershirt. Her usual plaid-patterned teal blue folded skirt that reaches up to her mid thigh along with dark grey stockings for covering.

Her classmates were wearing the same clothes but having different changes on some parts of the clothing.

Their current location was near a spacious deep lake that has a large tree log to resemble a bridge. Falling in the waters will definitely lead your doom, especially if you don't know how to swim.

'A slow but painfull death...how peculiar.' She thought sarcastically, slowly closing her eyes but eventually opening it with sheer annoyance.

" Boring..." Shinoe mutters to herself with clear boredom in her tone. Peacefully leaning onto a tree, her headphones covered both ears to block all her classmates bickering and maybe from the teacher's also.

Her half-lidded eyes almost made her look like she was about to take a nap, after a long day of work. But in reality she was just being lazy to fully open them.

Snippets from Shinoe's not so great past reminded her again today...as if telling her how bad of a decision she made that day, it was definitely recklessly irresponsible..but who could blame her? No one even remembered.

It had to be done. It was indeed for her own good. For them...

"Momo-neesan!!!" A girly cheerful and high pitched voice of a child rang around her mind like an uncontrollable rollercoaster.
The surroundings suddenly changed, from a grassy outdoor field to a dimly black background." Why?...Why did you made me forget about you??? I hate you." The voice of the child suddenly changed, to a tone that sends shivers down to the spine.

Shinoe was taken aback by the sudden memory. She clearly doesn't want her past to affect her on the future that much.

She shooks her head slightly, gazing towards her classmates. Her bright sapphire blue orbs stopped at a certain someone.

The pink haired devil, Nana. Hiiragi Nana.

Shinoe couldn't hear what Nana and Moguo was talking about. But she guessed their conversation were about Nanao's sudden disappearance, when he finally became their leader slash Class President.

The silver haired girl frowns a bit about the idea, Nana was working for the government...who could have guess? definitely not them. But her, she knew it from the start yet she had no one close enough to call a friend to inform about.

And she obviously didn't mean to read Nana's mind. It just automatically goes on, and there you have it...she doesn't even have to look at a person straight in the eyes to know what's going on in their head.

'I need to clear my mind for a bit.' Shinoe thoughts, feeling presured from all the drama happening so rapidly.

She let out a frustrated sigh, before standing up from her spot. Putting her headphones down to hang it onto her neck.

Her blue orbs widened a bit, looking at the frozen river. There a figure stood dramatically and with a weird pose. It seems that one of Shinoe's classmates crystallized the who waters, frozen.

More specifically her classmate with long straight blue hair, that has an ice ability. Kori Seiya. ( I finally knew that! His name isn't mentioned that much...pls forgive me.)

Shinoe deadpans, sweat dropping from her face looking at the guy. She lifts up her head to gaze up to the sky, longingly. The wind casually blowing her hair as she shuts her eyes.

"Mama, Papa...what should I do now" She muttered to herself. Her voice sounded hurt than usual. 'If only that didn't happened...maybe all of us would be happy in the end.'

The commotion from earlier turned into a fight. Moguo just had to pick out a fight, Shinoe was so peaceful that their existence didn't matter to her.

A few moments later, it was time for them to head back to their classroom for lunchtime.

Again another noisy day, thanks to Moguo. "Say that again, Nanao is the leader?!" He said with an irk mark, he was pissed on one of his 'friends'...For some clear reason.

Aggressively gripping onto the guys uniform collar, sending him up a bit from the floorings.

Shinoe glares at them intently, remaining seated on her designated chair that was near the window. Headphones in both her ears, to somehow block their noise.

Although even her headphones couldn't help her filter someone's thoughts. Which is what annoys her the most.

The day passes by slowly, but it was finally over. Shinoe was currently laying on her dorm's one-person bed. Staring up at the ceiling where the electric fan was placed.

She was still wearing her uniform, other than the jacket partially on her. Half zipped as she didn't wore the sleeves. Her shoes were also removed, for obvious reasons.

Closing her blue orbs, both arms spread to relax her posture. 'It seems that...Nana is unaware of my ability to read minds.' Shinoe analyses.

'Not to worry, I will definitely remind her...' She smirks a bit. 'What I'm capable of.' The girl finishes with an eerie smile.

.
.
.
Chapter End

__________________________________

I'm making my chapters shorter, for obvious reasons. (Basically so that I can have more chapters👌)

It's been so long since I published a chapter...yes. Also I'm making a new fanfiction of the Anime Norn9- although I'm not so sure when will I publish it. (I haven't even started on chapter 1 yet...so.)

__________________________________