Chapter 4.

Dinner time

"Wait, so you're telling me that you have been moved over to Captain Levi's squad??" Armin exclaimed.

"Apparently so" Y/N replied and took a sip of her water.

"Hey cool, you'll be with me" Eren grinned and nudged her with his elbow.

"Can't wait" Y/N said in a monotone voice. She was still annoyed she had been moved over, she loved being in Hanji's squad.

"Are you ok Y/N you don't really sound happy about it" Armin asked.

"Let's just say me and Captain Levi have had previous disagreements and I am not thrilled about my transition" Y/N nodded her head.

"You'll be fine" Sasha replied with a mouthful of food.

"Thanks Sash" Y/N smiled.

"Yeah, don't worry. If it all goes bad I'm sure you can ask to be moved back" Mikasa tuned in.

"That's if he doesn't kill me first" Y/N muttered quietly. She looked around the Mess Hall to see if The Captain was sat around. She scanned her eyes across the Scouts eating when she placed them on a small black-haired figure sat in the corner of the room with Hanji.

He was holding a tea cup in his right hand and was staring at the table. His hand was placed on the brim of the cup instead of the handle, he would take the occasional glance up at Hanji who was chatting away.

Y/N picked up her fork and picked at her dinner, not really tuning into any conversation. She stared at the bread on the corner of her plate while the talking in the Mess Hall became distant and more like background noise.

FLASHBACK

"Eat this" The man said and placed a plate in-front of her. She looked down and stared at the single piece of bread in-front of her. It was clearly stale and had a growth of something furry in the corner. She looked back up at the man who was eyeing her from across the table.

"Are you not going to eat it?" The man demanded.

"It has mould growing on the corner" she replied quietly not making eye contact with him.

The man grunted and slammed his hands onto the table causing Y/N to jump slightly. He stood up slowly still staring at her.

"Excuse me? I took you in from the streets out of the goodness of my heart" he growled, slowly beginning to walk around the table towards her.

"I didn't have to do that, I could have left you there. But I didn't. I then provide food for you and you are ungrateful?" The man said stopping beside her.

"I'm not being ungrateful just.." She trailed off.

"I should have just left you there, I shouldn't have even bothered to take you in" he laughed. He eyed the bread on the plate and grabbed it off the plate. She just stared at him as he waved it in-front of her face, laughing at her.