Chapter 7

Y/N ran over to the crowd and pushed her way through to see what was happening. She went to stand next to Eren and Levi. Hanji was kneeled on the ground screaming over the skeletons of two dead titans. Hanji had used these titans for a few experiments and grew attached to them, she even named them. 

Sawney and Bean. (Can we get a big R.I.P for Sawney and Bean y'all)

"SAWNEY, BEAN" Hanji screeched. "HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? SOMEBODY TELL ME THIS ISN'T REAL." Everyone around her was whispering in shock, it was unclear if it was about the titans or Hanji's reaction.

"How did this happen?" Eren said. 

"Poor Hanji" Y/N gasped.

"Let it go, this is a matter for the Military Police" Levi grunted and walked away.

"Uh, yes Sir" Eren stated.

"I wonder who did it" Y/N whispered to Eren.

"I don't know" Eren admitted. Y/N was staring at Hanji when Erwin came up behind her.

"What do you think you see?" Erwin said.

"Sir?" Y/N asked confused.

"Who do you think the real enemy is here? Titans or humans?" Erwin whispered. He took a pause and then walked off to Captain Levi. Y/N turned around and watched them walk away, confused. What the heck was that?" 

Y/N looked back at Hanji who was still on the ground sobbing hysterically. The corpses of the titans were steaming in the sunlight. Y/N decided she it would be best to comfort Hanji later, she seemed too distraught at the moment.

________________________________________

"L/N this is Petra, Gunther, Eld and Olou. The other members of my Special Operations squad" Levi said, pointing to them all. They were on the field looking over the formations for the expedition. "And you already know Eren. Now, play nicely" and with that he walked away.

"Hi" Y/N said, awkwardly.

"Hey, Y/N is it?" Petra asked. 

"Yes, nice to meet you all" Y/N smiled. 

"We're just looking over the formations for the expedition tomorrow" Olou said, beckoning her over. Y/N went over and sat down next to Eren on the grass. The map was laid out on the grass and they were all looking at it. 

"Our Special Ops Squad will be positioned here" Gunther said, pointing on the map. "On standby behind the Centre Rank" 

"So, we'll be pretty far back then" Eren replied.

"It's the safest position in the formation. The supply wagons don't even get such fine treatment" Gunther nodded. "Our goal this time is to simply leave, then come back"

"Sounds simple, I guess" Y/N smiled. "Even though it won't be like that."

"Today's expedition served as sort of a test run" Gunther continued. "It was to see if we have got a shot at getting you all the way to Shiganshina." 

"Understood, either way I still don't really know how to use my titan ability or if I can even control it" Eren sighed and looked at the ground. Y/N tapped her hand on his knee for reassurance. 

"Eren, do you understand what the Commander was asking you about back then?" Gunther asked.

"Huh?" Eren replied, looking at him. "What did he mean by that? What do you guys think?".

"Not a clue" Y/N replied. Everyone else shook their heads. 

"Well if I told you that I knew what he meant, I'd be lying to you. That I-" Ouro began.

"It's entirely feasible, that this operation has an alternate goal. But the Commander has decided that it is best to withhold it from the rank and file" Gunther interrupted. "If that's the case, leaving and coming back is all we need to concern ourselves with."

Gunther stood up and rolled up the map. "Have faith in the Commander". 

"I will" Eren replied.

"Today's training has concluded. Return to base" Gunther said, walking away. Everyone got up and followed after him. Y/N and Eren trailed behind them to talk.

"What do you think the Commander meant?" Eren asked Y/N.

"To be fair I am not really sure. All I got from him was that we can't trust humans or titans" Y/N shook her head slightly.