Chapter 6

"Please, I'm so tired" Y/N begged. "Let me sleep." 

"No" he snapped. "You are to stand there until you learn your lesson."  Y/N was stood straight up against a wall with a heavy book on her head.

"Please" she whimpered, struggling with the weight of the book.

"ENOUGH" he shouted, slamming his fist onto the table. Y/N shuddered at the sudden sound and collapsed onto the floor, the book smashing down beside her.

"Are you incapable of doing ANYTHING right?" he snapped, standing up from his chair.

"No, I'm really sorry" she mumbled. "I can do it again."

"There are no second chances in this world" he seethed, stumbling over to her. He dropped the bottle from his hand and loomed over her, the smell of alcohol consuming the air around him.

"No I promise, I'll do it right this time"  Y/N begged. He picked up the book from the ground and held it above her head.

"No second chances" he snapped. He let go of the heavy book and it fell towards her head-

Y/N's eyes flew open and she sat up, breathing heavily. She was shaking and her heart was drumming, she was sweating like crazy. Y/N wiped her face and realised she had been crying in her sleep.

"Fucking nightmares" she murmured to herself. Y/N decided to get up and get some water from the Mess Hall. She slipped on a jumper,  grabbed the candle from her bedside table and lit it. She looked up at Mikasa who was still sound asleep, she put on some shoes and tip-toed out of the room.

The corridors at this time of night were dead silent, usually they're are filled with the sound of Scouts talking and running because they were late. She walked down the corridor admiring the silence, watching the candles on the wall dance around.

She entered the Mess Hall and walked over to the sink. The cups were stacked up at the side waiting to be used for breakfast, she grabbed one and filled the cup with water. Y/N sat down on one of the wooden benches, facing the wall. She liked being awake at this time of night, it was peaceful to watch the flames on the candles dance around in the dark.

"Up past curfew L/N" Captain Levi said, appearing out nowhere.

"Fucking hell" Y/N gasped. "You scared the life out of me".

"Why are you up past curfew?" He asked.

"Why are you?" Y/N asked back. He raised his eyebrow at her and she rolled her eyes.

"Sleeping isn't really my thing" Y/N said, taking a sip of her water.

"Neither" Captain Levi admitted, sitting down next to her.

"Is that why you're creeping around?" Y/N asked, staring at the wall.

"Watch your tongue" he warned, but he didn't really sound mad about what she said. 

"Sorry Captain, just seemed like that's what you were doing" Y/N shrugged.

"Why don't you sleep?" he asked.

"A few reasons I guess" Y/N nodded. "New place, uncomfortable beds and nightmares."

"Nightmares?" He asked.

"Why don't you sleep?" Y/N asked back.

"I just don't" he replied.

"There must be a reason" Y/N said, looking over at him.

"Not really" He huffed back.

"Well, there must b-" Y/N started to say.

"I said there isn't" he replied sternly. "Now get to bed Cadet, you're up past curfew." Y/N started to laugh and got up from the bench.

"What are you laughing at?" he questioned.

"At the fact I thought we were having a civil conversation.. And then I remembered you're just an arse" she stated back.

"Get to bed or I'll have you clean every inch of the building ten times over" he seethed and pushed her towards the door. 

Y/N smiled sarcastically and marched off to her room. Y/N got back into bed and put the covers over her head. He made her so angry.