Chapter 5

[Hey hey! I havent updated this in a long time... i go through phases of wattpad yk i lowkey get really into story writing then i just drop it for like a year then realise i enjoy it and start it up again. cycle on repeat. i was scrolling through fanfics on my other account and found this story and realised i hadnt updated it in about a year? sorry!!]

Y/N heard the door close behind her and she sighed, the slam signified she was trapped for the next couple of hours. She looked around and was quite shocked by how clean the room was. She had heard rumours that Captain Levi was a clean freak but she had never really seen it in person.

 His wooden desk was strictly organised. His papers were neatly stacked in the middle of the desk with a black ink pen placed carefully next to them. In the corner of the desk there was a small candle which was providing most of the light for the room.  

To the right of the room was his bed placed against the wall, the sheets were crisp white and the pillows were neatly placed at the head of the bed. To the left of his desk there was a wooden door which assumed led to a bathroom. 

"Finished staring?" Captain Levi said, pushing past her to sit at his desk.

Y/N didn't answer, she couldn't bother getting into an argument with him. 

"I asked you a question, cadet" he said, looking at her.

"Why am I here?" Y/N finally spoke.

"You know why" he replied, turning his head to face his desk. He picked up his pen and started to write on the stacks of paper, leaving Y/N stood in the middle of the room.

She stood there for a minute or two waiting to see if he would say anything else. He didn't.

"So, am I just suppose to stand here?" Y/N asked and she crossed her arms. He didn't answer her and continued to write on this papers. She waited again, tapping her foot. 

"You're cleaning the floor." He finally said. "Get the wet cloth off the side and start, put yourself to use for once. I don't see why you moved onto my squad you're nothing special" he said.

"I understand that you told me I need to respect my Superiors  but to earn respect you need to give it." Y/N said, coldly. Captain Levi froze for a second and slowly put down his pen. 

"I've fucked up" Y/N thought to herself as he stood up from his chair and turned to face her.

"I'm your superior you are to respect me at ALL times. If you weren't such a fuck up I wouldn't have to disrespect you and put you in your place. Now start with the back corner near the door because clearly you're too brainless to find somewhere to start yourself" Captain Levi seethed. 

Y/N just stood there and glared at him, she couldn't be bothered to argue with a man who looked like a gnome. He really wasn't worth the effort. She grabbed a wet cloth and instead of starting near the door like he instructed her to do so, she walked over to the bed and started there. She got down onto her knees and began to scrub the floor.

"Do you struggle with hearing or sense of direction?" Captain Levi snapped, turning around to face her. 

"Neither sir" Y/N replied, still cleaning the floor.

"So why on earth are you starting near the bed when I instructed you to start near the door" Captain Levi questioned.

"My mistake, I forget the difference between a door and a bed sometimes" Y/N replied and faced him.

"Congratulations L/N, for the next two weeks you will be cleaning my office after dinner every night" he seethed and turned back to his paperwork. Y/N rolled her eyes and continued to work on the floor. She didn't understand why his office needed cleaning anyways, it was already spotless. 

-later on-

After a torturous hour Y/N had finally finished cleaning the floor, it basically looked the same as when she walked in.

"Finished sir" Y/N said, standing up. Captain Levi looked up from his desk and scanned the room, his eyes seemed to dart to each individual floorboard. 

"I see your cleaning skills are just as terrible as your fighting skills" he said and turned back around to his work.

"If my fighting skills are so terrible, why is it I was transferred to your squad?" Y/N asked.

"Because Erwin seems to take pity on worthless Cadets, and he's in charge. He orders, I comply" Captain Levi replied.

"Right, ok" Y/N noted. What he said literally made no sense. Small man, small brain. "Am I dismissed?"

"No" Captain Levi replied, not looking up from his papers.

"What am I to do now?" Y/N asked.

"Stand there and wait" he snapped. Y/N was getting frustrated with him, it was late and she was tired. She wasn't sure she could hold her tongue for much longer. 

"With transitioning onto my squad, there's non-negotiable rules you must comply with" he finally said after a few minutes.

 "Number one, no disrespecting me or your fellow squad members. Number two, you are always punctual. If you're given a time to be somewhere, you're to be there at that time. Number three, you are to follow all instructions given by me or my second in command. Number four, your uniform is to be spotless. Those representing MY squad are to set an example. And finally number five, no dying" he listed.

"No dying?" Y/N repeated. Captain Levi turned around and glared at her.

"Correct. Dying means more paperwork" he hissed.

"And if I were to break any of these rules?" Y/N asked. 

"Then I will make your life a living hell. Any comments, questions or concerns?" he replied.

"No, sir" Y/N shrugged.

"Dismissed, get some sleep. Training is straight after breakfast, do not be a minute late" he said, waving her out the room. Y/N nodded and left his office. Y/N realised that she had to put up with this man. 

Every.

Single.

Day.