Nightmare

Requested by the wonderful @SnowyWolfGaming <3 [Wattpad]

Fluff, gender-neutral

Sweat ran down your forehead as you sat up in hurry. Your breathing was irregular and fast. It took you a while to adjust to the dark environment as you completely lost any notion of space. Your eyes felt itchy when tears started to form at the corner of your eyes. In a panic, you traveled your hands on the bed and searched for your boyfriend. Finally, you felt his arm and tried to shake him in order to wake him up. You heard a groan which was followed by a hoarse sleepy voice.

"What?" It sounded cold when Vincent said it but he could not help the annoyance he felt by being woken up in the middle of the night - especially after a long day of work. But his attitude quickly changed when he heard your quiet sobs. He reached for the nightstand, turning on the light and picking up his glasses. There you were, holding your knees against your chest, tears falling along your cheeks. Chamber sat up and quickly put his arms around your shivering body. "Mon amour, what is wrong?" You could not bring yourself to speak yet, still shaken up by the horrible dream you had. Thankfully, your boyfriend understood the situation and tried to calm you down. "Did you have a nightmare?" his gentle soothing voice asked you.

You nodded and leaned against him. "It was so scary, Vincent."

He kissed the top of your head then your forehead. "Do you want to talk about it?" You shook your head. You were afraid to tell him because what if it was a prophetic dream? Just the thought of it made you sick in the stomach. "You might feel better after telling me," he assured you, tightening his embrace to signal he was there for you.

"What if it was bound to happen? I don't want it to happen, Vincent. I don't want to lose you."

He quickly caught up on what was your nightmare about. It was not the first time you had a sudden wave of anxiety because of his life-threatening job. After all, it might just happen that one day someone from the Valorant Protocol would come to their house to announce the agent Chamber did not make it alive. While he was very confident about his skills, he could never fully reassure his partner. He leaned his back against the wall behind him and placed you on his laps, each of your legs on each side of his body. The agent grabbed your cheeks in both hands and stroked them with his thumbs. There were no words that could help ease your anxiety but the least he could do was shower you with love, kisses, and cuddles. He brought his mouth to yours and kissed you deeply, lovingly. His lips were warm, a bit dry but also soft. They felt like silk against your own.

"I will never leave you alone, mon amour," Vincent said as he looked straight into your eyes. His gaze showed self-confidence. You knew how good he was on the field, he often showed off to you. Yet, you were still scared. And the nightmare did not help - it hit too close to home.

 Your boyfriend placed a hand behind your back and slowly rubbed it to ease your tears. He knew what to do in these situations, it was not the first time, but it still pained him to see your shivering body. He whispered sweet nothings in your ears, taking the time to listen to you until you felt better. The threat of his job could not be taken away but he could at least remind you that he was still alive and by your side.

Moments later, your sobs had calmed and your body had stopped to quiver. Vincent kissed your wet cheeks before gently whipping them with his thumbs. "How are you feeling now, mon ange?"

You sniffed and before you could react, Chamber was already handing you tissues. You smiled, moved by his kindness and his speed. "A bit better," you said after blowing your nose, still feeling awful. 

"Should we watch a movie?"

"But, you have work tomorrow. I can't ask you to do that." You tried to stop him. You wanted to have this movie night with him because you would not be able to fall back asleep anyway, but you should not be selfish. 

He shrugged his shoulders with a smile. "I can't possibly leave my love wide awake, that would not be very chivalrous of me."

You chuckled at his words. He always managed to surprise you and you loved that. "Still, honey."

"What do you want to watch?" He kept staring back into your eyes, not listening to your protest. Yes, he was stubborn like this.

"Vincent, listen to me-"

He picked up the remote for the TV in your room and turned it on. "So?" he added with his smug face.

You sighed, giving in. "Let's watch an action movie."

"That'll keep you even more awake."

"Don't care. You're stuck with me." You stuck out your tongue at him.

He caught your tongue between his teeth gently, making you blush heavily. Upon releasing your tongue, he laughed at your adorable reaction. You hit his shoulder with a pout and moved away from his laps to sit next to him. He handed you the remote, his proud smile never leaving his face. Still refusing to look at his face, you took it and browsed through the list of movies. 

"Should I get us some hot chocolates?" he asked, already ready to leave for the kitchen.

"Let me help."

He hummed, extending a hand to you. "Should we make homemade hot chocolates then?"

You nodded with a grin, hurrying to come down with him. "I love it when you make it," you said lovingly. 

"They will taste even better if we do it together," he continued while they headed together to the kitchen hands in hands.

________

Thank you for this request <3

The next one was HIGHLY requested so look forward to it :D