Alone

Requested by @BestDamnSpaghettiMeatballs who wants to make everyone suffer :)

It is an alternative ending to the Die For You chapter (chapter 12) from my main story. I will make a quick recap so you won't be lost! Enjoy <3

Angst, female

Time was going too slow and also too fast. The flight to rescue the falling agent in Rabat was driving Chamber crazy as he stared at the minutes ticking away on his watch. He tried to stay composed, not think of the worst outcome. His blood felt cold, sweat running down his back as he passed his hand into his hair down to the nape of his neck. His nervousness was showing and he could not keep his cool even in front of his co-workers. His foot tapped on the floor endlessly which got to Phoenix's nerves.

"Bruh, stop that," he warned a frown on his face. "You're not helping."

He snorted, glaring up at the agent to his right. "We wouldn't be here if you had helped her in the first place."

The British agent stood up, his body burning as his anger climbed up to his eyes. "Say that again?!"

Chamber stood up as well, just barely towering the younger man. "I will. You left her alone to die and you call yourself her best friend."

Phoenix grabbed his collar,  Skye noticed the two men having a fight, and rushed to their side. "Don't you dare say that!"

"C'mon, you two! Now's not the moment to fight, innit?" Skye held onto both of their shoulders, ready to stop any fight.

Phoenix gritted his teeth at the expressionless French man who was just glaring down at him, not saying a word or fighting back. Eventually, the British man let him go and went to sit on the opposite side of the ship to him. He hid his eyes behind his hand and stayed there, unmoving. He felt horrible already about leaving her and having someone saying that to their face just added oil to the fire.

"I see Rabat! We're getting there!" Sage exclaimed from the front of the airplane.

Everyone's head perked up. "Any sight of [A/n]?!" Phoenix said loudly, hurrying to the front.

They all looked through the windows, trying to find any sign of life down there, but there was nothing. She did promise to be there, did she not? They were all sweaty and nervous all of a sudden. Brimstone's hands were holding onto the wheel tightly to not surrender to his negative emotions yet.

"We're landing, brace yourself," he said, hiding his worries by keeping a composed and strict voice.

The ship landed in Rabat, at the exact same spot the team from earlier had arrived for the mission. Brimstone opened the door and cut the engine off. Once the agents left the aircraft, there was still nothing, not a sound, not a voice. Chamber inhaled heavily, his breathing was shaky. He held tight onto his headhunter and headed straight to the location [A/n] was last known at. He did not listen to the yelling for the other agents behind him and just walked into a straight line towards the B site. However, he was quickly stopped in his track by one of his fellow co-workers. He slightly looked over his shoulder, his glasses hiding his eyes filled with anger. Phoenix held in tightly on his shoulder, preventing any movements from the French man.

"I'm coming with you."

Chamber snorted, shrugging his shoulder. "Do what you want," he said coldly before shaking off the man's hand.

Together, they directly headed to the B site where she said she was when calling for help earlier. Each step felt heavy like Chamber was carrying weights on each of his ankles. The silence was deafening. The only sound in his ears was his own heartbeat banging loudly against his chest. She was fine, wasn't she? He tried to reassure himself but he could not get rid of this bad feeling inside his chest.