His Calm Voice

It was almost 11pm on a school night. My boyfriend Kiyotaka and I, were about to have our regular night call. Usually we don't talk this late, but Kiyotaka had to go talk with Horikita-san about what might happen in the near future for the class. To be honest, even though we're boyfriend and girlfriend, I feel like he doesn't rely on me much anymore.

It's a little sad to think about now. But I need to think positive right now. It's almost time for him to call me.

As soon as the clock struck 11, my phone lit up with Kiyotaka's phone number and name. I pressed the answer button on my screen.

"Hi Kei." He greeted me with his usual monotone voice.

"Hello! Did your meeting with Horikita-san go well?" I asked him. I wasn't really interested in what they were talking about but it doesn't hurt to ask.

"Yeah it went well. I just gave her advice on what might happen next and what the other classes might do. But I'm glad that it's over now."

"I see... I guess a lot of things are gonna change now that the Unanimous Vote is over. I know it's probably not easy for you right now but I wanna let you know that I'm always here to help. It's totally fine for you to rely on me."

"Thanks."

Okay the mood has gotten a bit dark so I need to brighten things up. Hmm let's see... what could I talk about with Kiyotaka? Now that I look back on the recent exam, there was a question that asked us which prefecture in Japan would we like to go on our school trip.

"Say Kiyotaka, remember how our class picked Hokkaido as a the destination we wanted to go to on our school trip coming up at the end of November?"

"I remember."

"Do you think we will have to do some kind of special exam if we do end up going up there?"

"Hard to say at this point. If you think about it, the Unanimous Vote, Sports Festival, and Cultural Festival are all exams right? That's three exams that will happen not too long after each other. This school trip might be our vacation trip. Besides, if we do go up to Hokkaido, there will definitely be a limit of what kind of exam they can do." he calmly replied his thoughts.

"That makes sense. I'm hoping that there is no exam. It would be tons of fun if the both of us just went skiing or snowboarding. We could also eat smores and drink hot chocolate around a campfire."

"Sounds like it would be a lot of fun. What if we went down to Okinawa? What would you want to do?" he asked me.

There were various reasons why I wouldn't want to go down to Okinawa. I'm pretty sure Kiyotaka knows at least one reason why. But there was one thing I would like to try if we went there.

"I'd actually like to try the cuisine that they have there. I hear it's really tasty!"

"You really like food huh?"

"What? You got a problem with that?" Even though he can't see my face, I bet he could tell I was pouting.

"No, not at all. I just think that's cute. " Great. Now I'm turning red because this guy. I took a deep breath in and did my best to relax and change the subject. I wasn't going to let him continue teasing me before I went to sleep.

"I bet with your quiet personality, you picked Kyoto right?"

"Yeah I did for the first two rounds."

"Why would you want to go there?" I asked him. I covered my mouth as I yawned. I must be getting really tired. I could feel my eyelids slowly start to close as Kiyotaka spoke.

"Well I'm really interested on the history of Kyoto and all the--"

The sound of his voice started to muffle for me. At this point my eyes were 95% closed. I still tried my best to listen to what he was saying but it was getting harder and harder to stay awake after each word that came out of his mouth.

At last, I fell completely asleep from the sound of his calm voice.

~Fin~

*Bonus part because I love you readers!!*

After I finished explaining why I was interested in Kyoto, I called Kei's name.

"Kei?" I didn't get a response back. She must have fallen asleep while I was talking. Was I really that boring?

"Kei, I want to hear your voice just a bit longer." As I expected, she didn't say anything. 

"Goodnight Kei." I softly whispered those words to her just before I ended the call.

~Bonus part Fin~

Author's Note:

Hello Kiyokei stans. It's Ywavy! I don't really have much to say other than this was a lot shorter than the last one. I also had another idea for a fantasy except, while it worked out in my head, typing it out was a lot harder so I put it aside. Maybe one day I might be able to finish and share it with you all. Also big shoutout to my friend Rain who indirectly inspired me with this part by tweeting about a Webtoon called "Seasons of Blossom". I ended up reading all of the first season called Bomi's Flower which had a nighttime phone call scene with the main couple which inspired me to daydream and write this part. Highly recommend checking the series out on the Webtoon app. Anyway, I'll see you guys in the next part. Thanks for reading and supporting me so far.