1

Isabel 

Present Day

"I just simply don't trust her Peter. So we will have to agree to disagree" I argue back huffing angrily as plop on my couch as he trails behind me.

"She's my girlfriend Isa." He reasons as I stare up at him with an unamused expression.

"And that's suppose to mean something to me?" I sassed in bitter sarcasm as he rolls his eyes.

"Yes. If you trust me, then please just trust that I know who I am dating, and just try to get along with her" He replies as he begs me with his eyes.

"All I have to do for your sake is tolerate her; but I do not have to be friends with her. I'm sorry Peter. But you already know where I stand with her. You have your boundaries and so do I." I retort as Peter pouts at my words.

"Plus, this is the exact reason why I moved out Peter. So, please just drop it. I'm not going to change my mind. I'm happy that you're happy with her but that still does not change what I think about her or what she did to me" I explain as he sinks deeper into the couch in defeat.

"That was one mistake and she did it unintentionally." He challenges as I glare at him.

"She drained my powers, through a very torturous machine, may I freaking add. So, no, intentional or not, it was a very grave mistake." I refresh his memory as he sighs sadly.

" She thought you were threat" He tries to justify as I scoff "I am a threat, a very dangerous one, and it would do her good to remember that" I reply quickly as he rolls his eyes yet again.

"You're not dangerous Isa" He tells me softly with tender eyes as I look away from him.

"Not to you. But I am." I remind him as he sighs one more time before standing up.

"So I guess asking if you want to join us for a Broadway show tonight is out of the question?" He asks me as I lifted my gaze to his.

"I'd rather choke on some leftover takeout" I tease him playfully as he chuckles shaking his head.

"Well I bought three tickets and I'll leave yours on the counter in case you change your mind" He instructs as he lays the piece of paper.

"I probably won't" I remind him as he grins over his shoulder while opening my front door.

"A guy can only hope" He teases as he bids a short goodbye before closing the door behind him.

"Damn it Peter. Why is it always so hard to say no to you?" I mumble to myself out loud as I look toward my kitchen counter.

I curiously stand up and walk towards the ticket to see what play was gonna be showing.

Bonnie and Clyde. 

A romance between two infamous criminals in history. It does seem entertaining...

You just want to spend time with Peter even if his girlfriend is there.

I'll have to drag Cole with me. There is no one way I can stand being a third wheel. 

And so, I dialed his number without hesitation. "Hey" He greets happily through the call as I offer a small smile before replying.

"Hey buddy" I greet sweetly as he groans from the other end of the line. 

"What do you want now?" He asks knowing me all to well.

"Can't I just call you because I love hearing the sound of your voice?" I tease him playfully as he chuckles.

" I know I have a sexy voice, but I know that tone of yours all too well" He teases me back as I picture his signature smirk.

"Peter invited me to a Broadway show but his girlfriend is going..." I began to explain as he offers some side commentary in the background.

"-And you want me to go with you" He finishes my sentence while I nod my head before vocalizing an answer.

"It depends on the show. What is it?" He teases while I roll my eyes.

He never says no to me.

"Bonnie and Clyde" I reply as he stays silent for a minute for suspense.

"I'm only saying yes because it is so good and I haven't watched it enough times for the deserving masterpiece that it is" He replies as I squeal happily.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you" I mumble with a sigh of relief.

"What would you ever do without me?" He replies cockily as I roll my eyes playfully.

"Probably never leave my house" I admit as he chuckles.

"And tell Tobias that I'm stealing you tonight" I remind him as he laughs lightly.

"He's going out with his friends tonight anyways. I was actually gonna call you to see if you wanted to have a movie night" He chuckles as I grin at him.

"So what you're telling me is that you were gonna end up with me anyways?" I tease him as he agrees.

"It's not like you have anything more entertaining to do" He sasses as I scoff playfully.

"I could've had a date" I lied as he laughs loudly.

"Oh please, we both know that we have better odds of Spider-Man revealing his identity, than you getting a date" He sasses humorously as I try to fight back a laugh unsuccessfully.

"Oh shut up" I chuckle as I hear his contagious laugh in the background.

"What time is the show?" He asks changing the topic. "7pm" I reply looking down at the ticket in my hand.

"Tobias will be so pissed I'll be going to see Bonnie and Clyde without him" He chuckles evilly as I roll my eyes.

"Just make sure he knows this time. Otherwise, I'll have a jealous Tobias pounding at my door at three am trying to tear my limbs off" I tell him as I hear Cole grimace apologizing under his breath.

"Not his finest hour. He was super drunk that night" He justifies as I laugh through the phone.

"I don't want a love triangle. Plus, I like Tobias, and I'd hate to break that perfect nose of his" I tease him as he laughs in response.

" It's not my fault I'm bisexual and Tobias is insecure of every female I cross paths with" He counters as I roll my eyes at his stubbornness.

"Maybe be a little less of an ass and it would go a long way with him" I advice as he groans on the phone.

"I choose to be with him because I like him, shouldn't that be enough?" He counters as I sigh.

"This conversation deserves a whole wine bottle to resolve" I tease with a light laugh as he mumbles in agreement.

"I'll bring the wine and you bring the ears" He huffs in defeat as I pout at his expression.

"That bad?" I quiz as he mumbles "you have no idea" in return.

"We can go grab some food after the show and bring it back to my place?" I encourage to give him some room to bent.

That's the least I can do if he's helping me out.

"Sounds like heaven, let's do it." He agrees as I smile.

We had some small and comfortable chatter about our work load at the office before deciding to hang up.

Cole is the only sane person I have in my life. And by sane, I mean normal (for the most part).

***

I hope you all enjoyed the very first chapter. How are you liking the old and new characters being introduced so far?

Comment, vote,  let's chat!

With love & gratitude always.

breebaqbooks