2

Isabel

"I thought you were gonna bail" I sigh in relief as I finally see Cole within walking distance from me.

"I would never" He objected as he wraps one if his arms loosely around my shoulder while kissing my cheek softly.

"I had some serious doubts" I tease as I place one of my arms around his back.

"I got you a ticket" I added handing him the Bonnie & Clyde  show pass as he smiles gratefully.

"I have wine in my car but I doubt security will let us bring it inside" He tells me playfully as I pout.

"I'm sure it would make the show more entertaining" I retort as he laughs lightly.

I was able to quickly spot Peter and his girlfriend all cuddled up with each other. I untangled myself from Cole's embrace while he still loose kept his arm around me.

He waved at them coolly while I offered them a small smile.

"I'm so happy you decided to come Isabel. I was really hoping you would accept my invitation" Marlowe Jane greeted as she came to give me a hug.

Did she just say 'my invitation' ??? I thought Peter wanted me to come.

Her hug was pretty awkward since Cole's close proximity made it highly impossible for her to greet me properly.

Thank you Cole!

She let out a dry laugh as she introduced me to some of her friends.

"These are my best friends since preschool. Shyla, Tiffany, and Shannon. And those guys behind them are Brandon, Kyle, and Paul. The girls boyfriends of course" She explains to me as they all greet us with with a small 'hey' or 'what's up'

"Uh- well this is my friend Cole from work" I introduce Cole as he nods his head in acknowledgement.

"I'm Peter. Nice to meet you man" Peter greets him with a small smile as Cole shakes his hand.

"Isabel has said great things about you, it's nice to finally meet you in the flesh" Cole tells him as I give him a discreet side glare to shush him up.

"And yet I haven't heard a single thing about you" Peter counters as his gaze falls onto me challengingly.

"I'm her best kept secret then" Cole teases with a sly grin as I roll my eyes.

"I guess so" He replies narrowing his eyes slightly at me before MJ interjected.

"Well let's go grab our seats since all the couples are finally here" She smiles tugging at Peter's shoulder.

They walk away before Cole and I decided to go in.

"Peter is definitely into you" Cole mumbles under his breath as I roll my eyes at his comment.

"You think every single guy I have a remote conversation with likes me Cole. I don't trust your judgement." I tease as he shrugs his shoulder at my indifference.

"You are just too gullible" He argues as I link my arm with his while trying find everyone else.

"He is over there" Cole points towards Peter as we maneuver our way through the crowd. Cole being the one to mostly shove people out of our way.

"I can't wait to see the play" Marlowe Jane announces excitedly as small chatters sparks up at her comment.

"So you two work together?" Peter ignores Marlowe Jane's comment as he talks to us (mostly me).

"Yes we do. In the technical department sector of our company" Cole speaks on my behalf as I smile fondly at our first encounter.

" Everyone in IT is pretty antisocial but I'm the exception obviously" Cole brags with a sly grin as I chuckle next to him.

"He bought me coffee on our second day working together" I chuckle lightly

"And I won her heart" He finishes for me as I roll my eyes at his comment.

"I don't like coffee"  "She doesn't like coffee" Peter and I say simultaneously.

I stare at him with a stunned expression as he looks at me before Cole clears his throat.

"Well I clearly know that now. But I wanted an excuse to talk to her and it worked out just fine" Cole counters looking down at me with a small smile.

"And now we have a solid 4 months of friendship under our belt" I tease as Cole nods.

"Cute story" MJ comments disinterestedly as she wrapped her arms around Peter.

I tried keeping an indifferent posture but still tensed at the gesture.

"It's pretty boring" I countered as Cole gasps playfully.

"Meeting me has been the highlight of your whole life. And it's okay to admit it" Cole argues cockily as I chuckle in return.

"Any other friends you've been hiding from me?" Peter teases as we began to walk towards our show room.

"I have a friend named Joy and she is pretty awesome. She let me stay in her couch while I found a new place to live" I told him as he frowned at me.

"You never had to move out" Peter countered as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Oh please you practically shoved me out of the door yourself" I overdramatized as he rolls his eyes.

"You know that's not true" He argues as I shake my head.

"So you're the asshole that kicked her out? I would've never guessed you to be the jerkass type but you never a person" Cole commented glaring down at Peter in disgust.

"Who the hell do you think you're talking to dude?" Peter challenged as he halted visibly upset at Cole's comment.

"Peter, stop." I warned him as he looks down at me before clenching his jaw.

"And Cole, shut the hell up." I added looking up at my friend as he rolled his eyes irritably.

"Why didn't you tell me he was the one that kicked you out?" He demanded  in a mumble as I shrugged.

"Because he didn't kick me out,  I moved out of his place." I reply as he laughs dryly.

" Yeah, okay, whatever" He mumbles biting his bottom lip to stop himself from saying anything else.

"Baby? What are you doing just standing there? Come on" MJ calls out from the entrance as Peter glances at me one last time before walking pass me.

"So much for an uneventful evening" I tell Cole.

"Wherever you go, drama is sure to follow" Cole teases softly.

"I think you're projecting darling" I countered as we walked in side by side.

"Maybe just a little bit" He agrees as we both laugh whole-heartedly.

Tell me since when Peter is so sensitive??

***

What did you all think of the chapter, any theories?

Vote, comment, and support!

With love & gratitude,

breebaqbooks