3

Isabel

"Okay, why are you so pressed about the insignificant fact that I have friends. It shouldn't come as much of a shock that I have a life outside of sorcery" I argue angrily as Peter stood by my kitchen counter with his arms crossed angrily.

"I didn't know we were keeping secrets from each other" He suggested defensively as I scoffed in disbelief.

"Secrets? You wanna talk about keeping secrets? Like you dating the woman who nearly killed me?" I snapped back as he clenches his jaw in response.

"Exactly. So, do not even bother pulling that card on me. I'm not the one lying here. And I don't have to give you full book reports of what I do with my life Peter. Of course I have friends and I don't need your seal of approval to do so." I added after realizing he didn't have a way to counter my accusations.

"I only kept my relationship from you because I didn't know if it was a fleeting thing" He finally speaks making me roll my eyes irritably.

"So instead, you risked me finding out by walking in on the two of you practically naked"  I laugh dryly standing up from my spot on the couch.

"And I've apologized a thousand times over" Peter argues flinging his arms up in the air frustratedly.

"We are always arguing Peter and I am so sick and tired of it. We can't have a single conversation without yelling at each other" I sigh defeatedly as I sit back down on my couch while turning on my tv cuing him that I was over our conversation.

"So let's stop arguing. I don't like fighting, especially with you" He replies softly this time as he comes to sit next to me.

"It seems impossible when you're constantly showing your little faith in me" I countered with a heavy sigh.

"You know that's not true. And I trust you with my life Isabel. Please know that" He mumbles reaching for my hand gently.

"It's getting pretty late, you should go home before your girlfriend comes knocking on my door looking for you" I encouraged pulling my hand back as I pretend to be looking for the remote control.

"She's having a girls night so she won't be back until later" He tells me as I shrugged indifferently.

"Well in that case then I'm just plainly kicking you because I have an early day tomorrow" I tell him bluntly as he creases his eyebrows together.

"I thought you had Thursdays off from work" He tells me as I nod with an "I do".

"But I've been having these dreams with Strange lately and I'm trying to piece what they mean" I explain to him as raises his eyebrows in bewilderment.

" What sort of dreams?" He asks me in curiosity as I shrug.

" It's not so much dreams per say but more like flashbacks. Or at least that's what I think they are." I explain to him as he nods his head following my train of thought.

"So like memories?" He concludes as I nod. "Memories of the family that I had with them. It was just the three of us but we were happy I think" I tell him with a ting of sadness and longing.

Peter places a hand on knee in solidarity as he rubs his thumb softly. "Do you miss them?" He asks me softly.

"In my dreams, yes I do, but I don't know them. So, I can't miss what I've never really had" I tell him as he frowns at me ever so slightly.

"Except now you know that you did have them. You did have a family" He counters as I take in a sharp breath.

"For all I know, those dreams or memories could be tampered with. You know Wanda is infamous for being a master mind manipulator. So I wouldn't put it past her" I shrug as Peter leans back on the other end of the couch, plopping his long limbs comfortably on my legs.