six ☽ sleeping pills

Elijah remembered the first time that he had seen Cora Blackburn. Not met, simply seen. Back then, she'd gone by a different name and not even Elijah, with his wealth and connections had figured out her real name. Not until she told him herself.

He found her because of her reputation. Years ago, Cora had cared less about being careful, consumed by the high that her power had given her. So, she tested her potential against unsuspecting terrible supernatural beings. The stories about her killing vampires without so much as laying a finger on them. So, Elijah, he'd had certain expectations of her and she met...none of them. In the best possible way.

When Elijah saw her for the first time, she was on the campus of her university, in the library. She had a table to herself with her laptop open in front of her, working on something. There was also a book laid out in front of her and a highlighter in her hand. Her hair had been long, pulled back from her face with a hair clip. There was a moment when she glanced up, and Elijah caught sight of her eyes for the very first time.

It almost made him catch his breath. They were blue, but he could see the purple that rimmed them. More than that, there was a lightness in her eyes that was intoxicating. He couldn't describe it if he tried. All Elijah knew was that there was no way this woman committed the atrocities he'd heard.

As though to further prove his point, she glanced around, checking to see if anyone was watching her. Then she flicked her fingers through the air as though she'd done it a thousand times before, flipping through the pages of her book with nothing but her mind. Her eyes lit up ever-so-slightly, aglow with purple. As she used her magic, a smile came over her face and an exhale as though she spent entire days trying to hide and blend in. At this moment, she was free.

That was the first time Elijah Mikaelson had seen her and from that moment, he was completely and utterly entranced by her.

The first time that they had spoken, Cora tried to shoot him with a crossbow. However, it seemed that she'd been aware of his efforts to assess her as a potential threat to his family. So, Cora had kidnapped him and it was there that the pair came to an unusual understanding.

That had been six years ago and since then, no woman ever quite compared to her. None were as interesting or beautiful. However, Cora wasn't as reckless as she once was. In the three years that they'd seen one another in a regular, semi-relationship way, Cora had nothing to do with the supernatural world outside of Elijah. However now, she was here, caught up in a power struggle and protecting a child that had nothing to do with her.

Maybe that meant something. Maybe he meant as much to her as she did to him. But, Elijah couldn't worry about that now. He had to focus on the issues at hand.

Then he caught sight of Cora sitting on the back patio through the window. Elijah frowned, his eyes shifting towards a nearby clock.

Almost 2 am. Not exactly abnormal for a vampire such as himself, but for Cora? It was strange. Elijah put down his glass of bourbon and headed towards the back doors of the mansion.

Cora knew that she should've been sleeping. Instead, she was sitting on the back patio of the Mikaelson mansion, her brain too wired to relax. She pulled at the edge of her t-shirt, running a finger over where she'd been shot with an arrow. Hell of a thing...vampire blood. It didn't leave so much as a mark, let alone a scar.

"You're still up."

Cora turned her head to look at Elijah who stood at the back door. He was still in a suit, only now he lacked a jacket and tie. His sleeves were rolled up and he'd undone a couple of the buttons. It was a good look on him.