seventeen ☽ celeste

The situation had been bad enough when Elijah had thought his siblings and Hayley were in danger. It had been brought to a whole other level when Cora had been taken. Elijah had never gone to sleep, instead spending every second searching or trying to find leads. Considering all of their problems seemed to begin and end with witches, Elijah thought a good place to find some answers was the Lafayette Cemetary.

It was just a delightful coincidence that there was a whole group of witches gathered for a consecration. That of Sophie Devereux, to be precise.

Taking out three people at vampire speed, Elijah came to a stop in front of Monique Devereux. Other onlookers gasped at his actions but the young witch seemed unfazed, like she'd expected to see Elijah that day.

"My siblings and Cora have been taken...where are they?"

"You're interrupting my Aunt Sophie's consecration."

Elijah stopped short, his eyes scanning the names on the wall and then the recently deceased body which had been being closed in by bricks.

"How did this happen?"

"Aunt Sophie was a casualty of war," Monique answered, an alarming shade of apathy in her voice. Elijah looked at the girl, fixing her with a warning glare.

"Monique, I recommend you give me what I want unless of course, you'd like me to level this place and everything in it."

"That won't be necessary," Monique said, lifting her chin slightly. "I have a message for you from Celeste."

Monique raised her hand, silently performing a spell on the Original. For a second, Elijah frowned, confused as to what she was doing. Then he pulled at the collar of his shirt, feeling a strange sensation in his skin. Elijah ripped open the top button to see a name tattooed on his chest.

Theresa.

The discomfort shifted to Elijah's arm and he pulled up the sleeve to see more names appearing, one of which was terribly familiar.

Sabine.

With the spell complete, Monique lowered her hand. Her voice was almost robotic, as though she was reciting something from memory.

"To find what you're looking for, follow the path she left behind."

Elijah returned to the Abattoir where Marcel was speaking with some of the local cops, expanding their search beyond the vampires at their disposal.

"Anything?"

"They're putting eyes and ears out everywhere; day walkers are working every contact we've got. Cops, dock workers, guys in the Treme. Word is out anyone trying to earn favour with me gets a lifetime of it if they find them," Marcel answered. Elijah nodded dismissively as he said,

"Good. I need a pen and paper."

Elijah walked away, crossing the courtyard to enter one of the compound's many rooms. Marcel quickened the pace to catch up with the eldest Original, annoyed by the tone that Elijah had used.

"Hey, am I taking orders from you now, or are we in this together?"

Elijah didn't look back as he removed his jacket, hyperfocused on the names magically tattooed into his skin.

"Pen and paper, Marcellus. Now."

Marcel didn't move at first, staring down Elijah with an agitated expression.

"I want her back just as much as you do, you know..." Marcel began before not-so-subtly correcting himself, "All of them."

Marcel went to the desk, pulling at the drawers to find the pen and paper that Elijah was so insistent upon. Elijah pulled his tie loose and then continued to unbutton his shirt.