seven ☽ cursed objects

It was official. Cora Blackburn was most certainly out of practice. That was why she was standing in a mausoleum with chains secured to her wrists. She could still feel her magic, but something was interfering with it. That probably had to do with the extra cuff on one of her wrists.

Cora looked up to see Sophie being secured into chains not too far from her with the masked people that had taken them.

"Let go of me!" Sophie exclaimed, struggling against the chains. Cora watched as Agnes entered and felt a sinking feeling in her gut. Agnes was the one that had led Hayley into the trap in the bayou.

Agnes set a bag on a table.

"Whatever you're doing...I wouldn't," Cora said, sounding a whole lot calmer than she felt. Agnes stopped a moment, glancing over at Cora.

"I'm glad you were visiting Sophie. Two birds with one stone if you will."

"Killing me to get to Klaus, or his baby is not the answer!" Sophie yelled out. Agnes turned her focus to her bag, rooting through it to try to find something specific.

"I'm not gonna kill you, Sophie, I was there the day you were born. I am the last remaining Elder of our coven. It is my duty to protect our power, and our power means nothing if that baby grows another day." Then Agnes stopped, having found what she was looking for. Cora couldn't see what it was as Agnes turned back to Sophie. "Sabine's omen was clear. That baby will bring death to us all."

Sophie looked genuinely scared as she asked,

"What are you gonna do?"

Agnes held up a large, antique metal syringe with a long needle. Judging by the way that Sophie reacted, it wasn't something good.

"No, no, Agnes, no. No, no, don't!" Sophie tried to pull back, to escape as Agnes neared her with the needle. Then Agnes held down Sophie's head, stabbing the needle into her neck.

"What the hell was that?!" Cora demanded, pulling against the chains that bound her. Agnes put the needle away, heading over to where Cora was chained up.

"That will take care of the baby problem. Cursed object meant to take care of fetuses."

"You superstitious psychopath!" Cora yelled, lunging towards Agnes with a ferocity. Agnes stepped back, alarm in her eyes. "Klaus and Elijah will kill you."

"Your magic is not like ours."

"Thank god for that!"

"The ancestors don't like it. In fact, you could be a danger to our coven," Agnes said, sorting through her bag once again. Cora felt a white-hot fury flood her veins as she yanked against her chains, ignorant to the bruises and cuts that she was making.

"What the hell did you do to me?"

"That cuff blocks one's connection to magic."

"You're going to want to take it off."

"I can't."

Cora's gaze zeroed in on Agnes and she glared, reaching for every thread of her magic that she could find. The witch pulled with all her might, trying to break through the blockage that she felt strangling her. By some miracle, her magic burst through the cracks of the barrier, blowing the table and the bag across the room which caused Agnes to fall. The witch elder looked back at Cora with horror in her eyes.

"I suggest you run before I break my damn chains."

The elder did just that and Cora felt the warmth of blood dribble from her nose. Damn it. She should've focused on breaking her chains.