LXV

"Happy family!" Costin giggled, hugging the both of us.

"Yes, we'll be a happy family forever."

Six Months Later

The weather had finally gotten warmer finally, allowing Alcina and I the opportunity to start planning her and the girls coming for a visit. Costin was more than ecstatic - constantly begging me for updates about the plans if he wasn't awake when she and I called. Isa had agreed to leave the planning to me, taking up my request to redesign a room for potentially future kids. When I first brought up the possibility of us having kids together, they freaked out - later clarifying that they didn't want to get their hopes up.

"Isa!" I giggled out, wrapping my arms around their neck and effectively stopping them from entering the bath.

"Yes, my love?"

"Do you think it'd be possible..."

"...What?" They asked softly, turning in my arms and placing their hands on my waist. "What do you mean?"

"Well... I may have been thinking of some baby names-."

"Excuse me?"

"Well, you can-." I muttered, motioning to their body as if to let them know that their ability to change their body parts is what I was referring to. "So, maybe you could get me-."

"I doubt it."

The coldness in their voice caused me to flinch and look away. It wasn't the first time they had used that tone with me but, it had been a while since they last used it. Before I could pull away, they brought a hand up and gently grabbed my jaw - turning my head so I could look them in the eyes. Their hazel eyes held regret and the slight tremble of their lip when their lips parted for them to speak made my heart break even more. I knew they hated upsetting me but they also hated false-hope, so they were constantly torn on what to say a lot of the time.

"Isa?" I whispered, causing the glazed look in their eyes to disappear. "It's o-."

"I'm sorry." They blurted out before resting their forehead against mine. "I should let you be optimistic about this. At least until we ask Miranda and find out."

"So you'll ask her?"

"Better to ask her and know than be surprised in the future. Or, I suppose disappointed would be a better word for it."