living life on a merry go round

"Mom come on we have to go," I yelled in the car and buckled in, the front. Today was the first day of middle school and I just could not be late. I have to make the most of my life right? It has been almost a year since I woke up as a new person. I already was nervous of disappearing, this family was so nice and kind to me.

The last few times I have been the poor girl who lived on the streets, boy did I wish I didn't get cast as that, but I'm not the director of my life. "Okay," my mom called back a few seconds later, taking me out of my thoughts. She started the engine and my favourite song popped up on the radio, one of the only things I could listen to in every rabbit hole I hopped through. Swaying to the music my mom and I sang along with it. By the time the song ended we were at my school, "have a great day," she yelled, I could still hear the song echoing in my head.

Reaching for my schedule I took it out and located my locker and first class, room 213, science. Making my way through the crowded halls teeming with students, I bumped into someone. "Oh sorry," I said quickly apologizing, to the person, and walking away. I took the stairs up, with my head looking at my feet, to room 213.

Putting my materials in my locker, which was near the classroom. I organized my locker, nicely I love to know where my things are. Hurriedly I ran to class just as the first bell rang, alerting everyone to put their phones away. I put my stuff down on the desk with my name on it, Isabella.

-aqua
so as you may be able to tell the chapter title is a verse from the song is "Rise up" by Andra Day. I choose it because life goes by so quickly you might blink and miss it.