Chapter 4

Bronn eyed the tall ancient walls of Winterfell that was covered in several inches of snow, he could spot the blood-red leaves of the Godswood in the distance along with the Wolfswood in the opposite direction, Wintertown was bustling, and the noises and scents carried along with the wind. He had visited Wintertown before but never Winterfell, a bastard like him would not be allowed...well, unless he had a noble lord by his side and he did, smirking in amusement as his heartbeat in anticipation as excitement rose, his future Lady was currently ensconced behind those walls...

"And they call this summer snow" Tyrion commented in surprise as he eyed the deep snow that would be considered winter in the Westerlands from beside him "at least it seems cleaner than the south, a vast improvement on Kingslanding for sure"

"has a certain charm" Bronn admitted, he liked the fresh clean air and the environment seemed to have a certain energy about it, the north was his favourite place to visit, Dorne being a close second. The North and Dorne were in opposite directions but they had surprisingly parallel beliefs and morals. both honourable, prideful and passionate people though the South was a lot freer with their passions while in the North passions were jealously guarded, like a dragon with its horde of treasure.

"well let's get in before my cock falls off, I hear they have quite the library second only to oldtown" Tyrion grinned before urging his black horse forward, Bronn following swiftly.

They entered the main courtyard of Winterfell to see that it was a bustling hive of activity, two stable boys swiftly ran over to grab the reins of the horse as a tall lady with red hair followed after, Bronn pegged her as the Lady of the keep.

"My lord Lannister, welcome to Winterfell" she spoke with southern graces, so she was the fish turned wolf. Bronn admired her fiery hair and blue eyes, though she had aged and had many children she was still beautiful, not as beautiful as Cersei Lannister but still, she held charm and appeal...he wondered what his wolf looked like, did she have those bright blue eyes? the tall, willowy figure? his eyes flickered over the keep, somewhat hopeful to get a glance of the famed beauty.

"Thank you, Lady Stark, apologies for the late arrival I was enjoying the scenery, this is my personal bodyguard Bronn" Tyrion had a secret smile on his face and gestured towards Bronn who nodded at the lady.

She eyed him disdainfully, obviously picking up on the lack of a last name "well if you would follow me I will take you to your chambers" she spoke courteously

"no need, my lady I'm sure you have far more pressing matters to attend to, if you could tell me where the library is I will muddle my way through," Tyrion said not particularly interested in conversation, he wanted a book and somewhere he could rest. Tyrion's body ached from all of this travel.

"I'll have someone lead you, Jon!" she called out rather harshly and a rather tall boy came loping over, with black curly hair and puppy-dog black eyes along with pouting lips, by his side was a pure white wolf pup that had blood-red eyes.

"yes, Lady stark?" he asked curiously eyeing the newcomers as he sheathed his sword

"show Lord Lannister and his bodyguard to the library and then to his chambers understood?" she ordered harshly before nodding to Tyrion and striding off.

"Lovely woman" Bronn commented

"Lady stark is under a lot of pressure at the moment" the boy's soft voice rang out and Bronn eyed the other bastard. he was pretty, Bronn decided if the Lady Lyra looked anything like her bastard brother...well, he'd find himself mightily pleased. Jon had a sort of...ethereal beauty. he was not handsome and hardy in the way of the Northmen, he had the colourings of a Northmen, dark hair and eyes with the pale skin never having seen the sun...but his features...Bronn wouldn't peg him as a southerner, no he was too pretty perhaps Lord Stark had himself a whore from Lys?