Chapter 13

Lyra woke the next day as the fingers of dawn started to creep over the horizon, glancing to her left she saw Bronn spread atop the bed still clad in clothes and weapons, his feet hanging off the edge of their bed, she smiled softly as he looked relaxed and peaceful, for the moment, she knew that would change when he woke.

She sighed heavily, she was restricted to remaining in King's Landing with her family and she was scared, the thoughts of what happened last time the wolves came south kept running through her head, especially with Joffrey's weird obsession with her sister as if she was just a play toy...the way he leered at her, it wasn't the usual one that girls had to put up with.

She got up, careful not to disturb Bronn as she prepared for the day, she was already missing Beowulf but thankful for their connection, she knew he was okay but disgruntled at being stuck on a boat, as she went through one of her trunks she noticed her twin swords still gleaming at the bottom, she itched to pick them up again but refrained.

"soon" Lyra quietly promised, it had been a week since she last practised and she was beginning to feel antsy about it, especially with the precarious situation her family was now in.

Lyra moved into the dining room spotting her father sat at the table with papers in hand, his face was creased in worry and he looked tired but determined, his eyes flicked towards her and quickly raked over her figure to check on her before flicking back to the papers.

"Morning father" she greeted before sitting down and breaking her fast with some porridge "anything important?"

He shook his head before taking a drink with a grimace "hand of the king business, also some plans for our leaving"

The tension left Lyra's shoulders and she smiled, pleased, Lyra loathed Kingslanding, hated the south and wanted to go home to the North. Let the south burn with their plots and stupidity, they meant nothing to her.

King Robert Baratheon woke up with a pounding headache with a groan he rolled over on his bed, reaching out blindly for his goblet of wine, hair of the dog indeed, he felt as if he was in the middle of the sea and he groaned loudly his hand meeting parchment.

"The fuck? Barristan?! Kingslayer?!" King Robert bellowed, sitting up with a cough when no one answered, his eyes squinted before widening, this was not his chambers in Kingslanding, this was a fucking boat cabin, Robert loathed boats, had since he was a lad and stood on the walls of StormsEnd watching his parent's ship sink.

Glaring he snatched the parchment that was addressed to him and began to read.

Gendry wasn't sure how he ended up where he had ended up. One moment he was just a baseborn bastard lucky to survive in flea bottom before being given the chance to apprentice under a master blacksmith. He had considered himself lucky, appreciating the offer he had been given but then...then Lords started taking notice of him, not just any Lord- which would be bad enough- but Lord Paramounts. Then one had died, more had come to him and now he was upon a boat, heading for the North, offered a job but well...

Gendry never received a formal education, but he wasn't stupid. He knew there was something else behind what they were offering he just wasn't sure yet.

"You're a good girl, aren't you?" Gendry murmured as he petted the head of the silver and white wolf, he thinks her name to be Nymeria and she was ever so sweet. He ripped off a bit of meat and fed it to her, careful of her pearl white fangs. Gendry's head snapped up when he heard a vicious roar come from within the captain's cabin, he quickly snatched up his food and made himself scarce, hiding underneath with Nymeria. No, indeed Gendry was no fool.