5

☆ ━━━━ ❛ꜱ ᴇ ʟ ᴄ ᴏ ᴜ ᴛ ʜ❜ ━━━━ ☆

^(adj.)unfamiliar, rare, strange, and yet marvelous^

☆ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ☆

Elara woke to frantic yelling and a loud crash. Her eyes shot wide open. Elara saw the dark red curtains shielding the room from view. There were blurry shadows darting around the room.

She rolled onto her stomach and spotted 'Dune' laying a few feet down the bed. Elara was surprised she had gotten any sleep at all. She had dreamt old memories. Not exactly terrifying- but not pleasant either. She vaguely remembered drifting off just a few chapters from where she was last night. Elara rubbed her eyes wearily. She was still very tired, it was hard to adjust from almost no sleep to a good 7ish hours. Maybe it was the warm fire that lured her to sleep so quickly.

Elara pulled back the hangings and craned her neck to see where the crash came from. When she saw the scene before her, she couldn't control herself and busted out laughing.

Cinder had somehow fallen out of her bed and maybe it was a poorly done jinx, but her foot was tied securely to the corner of her curtains. The hangings must've been very sturdy because she was hanging upside down from her four-poster and her hair was dangling in front of her face. The crash was Mary knocking over a water glass in fright when she emerged from her bed to see Cinder suspended by her hangings. Sanchez apparently thought she was a very large mouse and swatted at Cinder's hair.

Cinder hung there, glaring at Sanchez but not being able to do anything about it. Edaline had fallen onto the ground with laughter. Lily was trying to suppress her own. The bathroom door was closed- Marlene. Lily rushed forwards and raised her wand,

"Unnkost."

Lily flourished her wand delicately at Cinder's foot and the knot unraveled quickly. Cinder crashed down onto the wooden floor with a loud oof. Sanchez hissed and backed under Mary's bed. Edaline giggled harder at that. Elara was trying to pull herself together.

"Chop chop girls! Breakfast is in twenty!" Lily said loudly. She went over to the bathroom and knocked twice.

"Lils?" Marlene's voice came from the bathroom. "Hurry up! Mary, Cinder, and Elara still have to get ready!" She ordered. The door jerked open and Marlene emerged with her eyebrows filled in neatly, mascara dangling from her long eyelashes, and her lips covered in gloss. Her hair was curled beautifully and there were small braids in the front.